Midwest USST/Gear West Ski Camp

Old July 22nd 04, 12:33 AM
Pete Vordenberg

Default Midwest USST/Gear West Ski Camp

Dear Ski Friends,

Andrew Johnson and I are putting on a ski camp in Minneapolis this
September. We will be covering all the technique and training ideas
that the US Ski Team is working on. The information and ideas we will
share with you will help you ski faster be you in your first season,
aiming at gold in the 2006 Olympics, or anywhere in the middle.
The information we will share comes directly from the world cup, from
our training and technique work with athletes like Johnson, Freeman,
Freeman, Wagner, Dussault, Weier, Koos, Newell, etc, not to mention
the Elite junior group from each region. We also will share info
designed with the help of our world class sports science staff and
from the experience we have working with such nations as Norway,
Germany, Sweden and Estonia.
We will be sharing the info we are using to grab metals this winter
and at the Olympics in 2006.
We will cover most of the topics batted around here on the net and in
magazines such as The Master Skier and Ski Trax. This is your chance
to really see and try for yourself what all the talk is about.

Our goal with this camp is double-pronged. The first goal is to share
as much as we can about training, technique and all the aspects of
preparing to ski at your best with as many American skiers as
possible. This includes a coaches clinic to go with the regular
clinics.
The second goal is to help raise money for Team Today - the athletes
of the US Ski Team.
We are underfunded to the point of cutting skiers and programs. Team
Today and this camp is the athletes of the US team taking charge of
their own future - the future of US Skiing. All (All) proceeds go to
the athletes' training and racing.

If you want to both improve your own skiing and help the athletes of
the US Ski Team rise to new international heights this is your chance.
The cost for the regular camp is $100 - for the quality of information
and the chance to support your athletes is a very good price.
The cost for the coaches clinic is $20.

Please email Phil Bowen at for details and to
register.

Thanks. I hope to see you all there,

Pete Vordenberg