Question on new boot fit (off slope)

Old October 9th 03, 01:26 PM
toddjb

Default Question on new boot fit (off slope)

The question;
Should new board boots fit like any old boot and be instantly comfortable
for any use, or just when boarding?

Bought some new boots yesterday (thirtytwo, lashes). Felt great
in the store, got them home, decided I'd wear them around the house
to break them in and see how they feel. (you know, getting excited
2 months before I'll get to ride

For the most part they felt pretty good, but when sitting around
watching TV and such I did lose circulation in a couple toes and noticed
they seemed to feel too snug over time. I did loosen the laces, but
still kept things snug as I would when boarding.

Now, the boots fit fine when I first put them on and are very comfortable.
No pressure areas, no toe mashing (with knees bent), etc.

So, knowing that once I board in them I wouldn't be able to return them
I wanted to know if it is normal for brand new non-broken in boots to
feel this way...just walking around the house. Other than the extended
wear test last night, they really were comfortable. (and extremely
light if you get a chance to try a pair on!)

Any response appreciated. Thanks,
-todd
Old October 9th 03, 03:55 PM
Mike T

Now, the boots fit fine when I first put them on and are very
comfortable.
No pressure areas, no toe mashing (with knees bent), etc.

You probably need to mold your liners - the dealer should have offered
to do this when you bought them. It'll make all the difference. My
hard boots have heat moldable liners and I could barely get my feet in
before I molded them!

Mike T

ski travel question moon General 1 January 27th 04 09:25 PM
Boot Info and Basic Tuning Needed Nick General 0 December 10th 03 02:32 AM
FS: Salomon Synapse Snowboard Boot size 12.5 jon Snowboarding 0 October 6th 03 05:49 PM
Burton custom 166 with boot size 11 Cibi Snowboarding 6 August 28th 03 04:34 PM
Will it damage my board on a dry slope? Tstungo Snowboarding 7 August 4th 03 09:59 PM