Freestyle Board Brand/Model Suggestions??

Old October 10th 05, 08:21 PM
John Davison

Default Freestyle Board Brand/Model Suggestions??

I'm primarily a freerider, but the last few seasons I've been honing my
park skills. Now it has come time for me to get a freestyle board, my
freeriding board is too stiff for the park. Who makes good freestyle
boards? GNU, Lib Tech, Forum????

~J.

Old October 10th 05, 09:59 PM
lonerider

John Davison wrote:
I'm primarily a freerider, but the last few seasons I've been honing my
park skills. Now it has come time for me to get a freestyle board, my
freeriding board is too stiff for the park. Who makes good freestyle
boards? GNU, Lib Tech, Forum????

~J.

I didn't really like the Neversummer Evo (their park board) that much
after riding it in the park for the last two seasons. It was damp, but
kind of mushy and not a lot of pop to the tail. I just don't like the
Neversummer feel I think. I do like the Salomon feel though. I believe
the Salomon Prospect is like my old 450, which was a freestyle model,
with freeride capabilities. I really liked the 450 so I cautiously
recommend the Prospect. It is officially a freestyle model on the
website, but has a 8.1m sidecut for the 153 model and a 8.4 in the 157
model
(http://www.salomonsnowboard.com/us/p....asp?id=784122).
This would be my first suggestion as it's a brand I trust and you
probably can get last year's boards for like 40% or more off (you don't
want to spend too much for a park board).

As pretty much everyone knows, I now ride a Donek Phoenix as my
all-around park/freeride board (www.donek.com) and I like it a lot
(here's a link to some of my past posts http://tinyurl.com/acsp3).

new board time? Yup Snowboarding 6 May 21st 05 07:30 PM
Bindings for size 8 and board suggestions DarkHorse Snowboarding 1 January 28th 05 07:46 AM
advice on board? Mario Snowboarding 10 January 11th 05 12:00 AM
freestyle board for freeriding Rob Snowboarding 7 August 25th 04 09:27 PM
Burton Dominant Sizing------Please help Lee Snowboarding 5 November 21st 03 05:22 PM