Passing Someone in French

Old February 16th 10, 05:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jon[_3_]

Default Passing Someone in French

Would appreciate some Ski-French help. If I'm passing someone on the
right (e.g., on a downhill) in Quebec, do I say "a droite"? (or does
that mean "it's your right"?) "Par votre droite"?

Any guidance appreciated (and since I'm asking--what's the word for
kick wax--I always thought it was "fartage" but someone said something
that sounded like "cire")

Thanks,

Jon
Old February 22nd 10, 10:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic,alt.religion.kibology
Otto Bahn[_2_]

"Jon" wrote

Would appreciate some Ski-French help. If I'm passing someone on the
right (e.g., on a downhill) in Quebec, do I say "a droite"? (or does
that mean "it's your right"?) "Par votre droite"?

Any guidance appreciated (and since I'm asking--what's the word for
kick wax--I always thought it was "fartage" but someone said something
that sounded like "cire")

I don't think it's ever polite to pass gas near someone
you don't know.

--oTTo--

Old February 22nd 10, 10:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic,alt.religion.kibology
Dr. HotSalt

On Feb 22, 2:03*pm, "Otto Bahn" wrote:
"Jon" wrote

Would appreciate some Ski-French help. *If I'm passing someone on the
right (e.g., on a downhill) in Quebec, do I say "a droite"? * (or does
that mean "it's your right"?) *"Par votre droite"?

Coincidentally, there is a French word for the little social
niceties to be observed in such situations.

Any guidance appreciated (and since I'm asking--what's the word for
kick wax--I always thought it was "fartage" but someone said something
that sounded like "cire")

Gosh, what a lot of (Go Ogle) search terms you have there.

I don't think it's ever polite to pass gas near someone
you don't know.

Otto, do you just pick groups at random for these little gems, or do
you have some automagical software that finds them for you?

Dr. HotSalt
Old February 23rd 10, 03:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic,alt.religion.kibology
pete

Otto Bahn wrote:
"Jon" wrote

Would appreciate some Ski-French help. If I'm passing someone on the
right (e.g., on a downhill) in Quebec, do I say "a droite"? (or does
that mean "it's your right"?) "Par votre droite"?

Any guidance appreciated (and since I'm asking--what's the word for
kick wax--I always thought it was "fartage" but someone said something
that sounded like "cire")

I don't think it's ever polite to pass gas near someone
you don't know.

You should say "En passant",
and then take their pawn.

--
pete
Old February 23rd 10, 03:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic,alt.religion.kibology
Mark Edwards

If you are passing French people, you are not chewing long enough.

Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old February 23rd 10, 03:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic,alt.religion.kibology
mr [email protected]

On Feb 22, 5:03*pm, "Otto Bahn" wrote:

I don't think it's ever polite to pass gas near someone
you don't know.

--oTTo--

Though I am somewhat fluent in French, I had to use Babel Fish for
this one. The correct answer is:

Déplacez le fromage à l'écart mangeant le singe de reddition.

(Move out of the way you cheese eating surrender monkey)

mr dude
Old February 23rd 10, 03:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic,alt.religion.kibology
Otto Bahn[_2_]

"pete" wrote

Would appreciate some Ski-French help. If I'm passing someone on the
right (e.g., on a downhill) in Quebec, do I say "a droite"? (or does
that mean "it's your right"?) "Par votre droite"?

Any guidance appreciated (and since I'm asking--what's the word for
kick wax--I always thought it was "fartage" but someone said something
that sounded like "cire")

I don't think it's ever polite to pass gas near someone
you don't know.

You should say "En passant",
and then take their pawn.

Hitler says, "Czech and mate."

--oTTo--

Old February 24th 10, 06:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic,alt.religion.kibology
Jared

On Feb 22, 10:12*pm, "mr "
wrote:
On Feb 22, 5:03*pm, "Otto Bahn" wrote:

I don't think it's ever polite to pass gas near someone
you don't know.

--oTTo--

Though I am somewhat fluent in French, I had to use Babel Fish for
this one. The correct answer is:

Déplacez le fromage à l'écart mangeant le singe de reddition.

(Move out of the way you cheese eating surrender monkey)

mr dude

Uhhh... Literally, "Move the cheese out of the way eating the monkey
of surrender"?

How about "Sortir de la voie, singe capitulant et fromage-mangeant!"?
Old February 24th 10, 11:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic,alt.religion.kibology
Etienne Rouette

Jared wrote:

Uhhh... Literally, "Move the cheese out of the way eating the monkey
of surrender"?

How about "Sortir de la voie, singe capitulant et fromage-mangeant!"?

How about "Tasse-toé d'mon ch'min, gros cave!"

HTH.

Etienne

Old February 24th 10, 04:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic,alt.religion.kibology
Otto Bahn[_2_]

"Etienne Rouette" wrote

Uhhh... Literally, "Move the cheese out of the way eating the monkey
of surrender"?

How about "Sortir de la voie, singe capitulant et fromage-mangeant!"?

How about "Tasse-toé d'mon ch'min, gros cave!"

VOULEZ VOUS CROCHET AVEC MOI!!!

--oTTo--

passing in a classic ski race? Docbyro Nordic Skiing 21 January 29th 09 05:34 AM
French resorts Excess Nordic Skiing 0 December 13th 07 07:34 PM
French holidays Pip Luscher European Ski Resorts 1 August 26th 05 09:08 PM
Sadness at a passing Wayne Decker Alpine Skiing 0 March 17th 05 12:45 AM
UK - French Alps on TGV Roger European Ski Resorts 18 November 21st 04 07:04 PM