Looking for info on cat or heli-skiing in Whistler

Old October 20th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Default Looking for info on cat or heli-skiing in Whistler

Hi, I am going to Whistler in January and am really hoping to get a day
of Heli-boarding in. I have heard from others that it is less expensive
in BC. All of the outfits I am seeing on-line are offering basically
the same packages. 4 runs for about $775, 6 runs for $995. That's not
exactly cheap. Are there any ways to get a better deal? I will be with
others, but none of them are candidates to go with me. I know renting a
whole helicopter would save money, but not really an option for me on
this trip. Are there ways to get paired up with another group that may
be looking for a fourth or whatever they need to fill the bird? Does
anyone know if I wait until I'm there and call the operators to see if
they have any space will they offer a discount at that point? I know
you have to pay to play, but these prices are not what I expected in
BC.

If all else fails, can anyone recommend a good cat operator? Anyone
have personal experience doing this at Whistler? I've been on a cat
trip at Steamboat and it was decent, but not awesome. I would really
like to see what BC has to offer. Incidentally, I will be there for a
conference, so I can't venture too far away from Whistler.

Thanks for the help!
Jeremy