Can someone please recommend a European resort for snowboarding (snow boarding, holiday)

Old September 28th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Default Can someone please recommend a European resort for snowboarding (snow boarding, holiday)

Hi,

Could anyone recommend a resort in Europe that's good for snowboarding
please.

I guess the attributes I am after a wide slopes; good chance of
quality snow; at least one boarding pak; decent nightlife etc. I am
going in Feb 07.

I have been to Meribel (Trois vallees) which was great, however I hear
that Tignes, Les Arcs, Chamonix etc are also good, so can anyone
recommend somewhere else? I am happy to go to any country in Europe.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Old September 29th 06, 09:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
wanguard

check the http://www.worldsnowboardguide.com/

Laax is supercool place. Snowboard heaven.

d'amir

--

oups.com...

Old September 29th 06, 12:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:06:43 GMT, "wanguard"
allegedly wrote:

check the http://www.worldsnowboardguide.com/

Laax is supercool place. Snowboard heaven.

Not enough powder, main lifts can get very busy, limited nightlife,
although it can be good at Murschetg (sp?).

To the OP... ValD and Tignes are good, so is Les Arcs (more so 1800 for
the night life). Chamonix can be good, but you can get stuck when the bus
service stops running.

There's also Austria which is the party capital of Europe, outside of
Meribel perhaps.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow.
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/
Old September 29th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Leon

Ischgl
Laax

but NOT St. Anton

January in Ischgl you may get lots of fresh snow.

Old September 30th 06, 03:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Johannes

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:09:43 +0300, "Leon"
wrote:

but NOT St. Anton

Why? Can you tell me what is wrong there?

Johannes
Old October 2nd 06, 11:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

wrote:

but NOT St. Anton

Why? Can you tell me what is wrong there?

It's his favourite place, and he doesn't want everyone going there.

Old October 3rd 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Leon

wrote:

but NOT St. Anton

Why? Can you tell me what is wrong there?

Johannes

It's skier's paradise but not for snowboarding. Most is steep and narrow.
It's crowded too, when there is room for carving there are too many skiers.

Old October 3rd 06, 07:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
cupra

wrote:

but NOT St. Anton

Why? Can you tell me what is wrong there?

Johannes

It's skier's paradise but not for snowboarding. Most is steep and
narrow. It's crowded too, when there is room for carving there are
too many skiers.

Sounds like you stay on the pistes too much then......

Old October 4th 06, 11:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

wrote:

but NOT St. Anton

Why? Can you tell me what is wrong there?

Johannes

It's skier's paradise but not for snowboarding. Most is steep and
narrow. It's crowded too, when there is room for carving there are too
many skiers.

The only downside to St Anton are some of the uphill sections,
particularly if they close some of the usual routes due to avalanche
danger. The steep and narrow is fun, there's oodles of off-piste, and
there aren't that many beginners.

I liked the place.

Old October 11th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Thanks for all your advice, much appreciated.