Jackson Hole Sucks

Old January 27th 04, 07:22 AM
Richard Henry

Default Jackson Hole Sucks

"tm" wrote in message
In article 5xmRb.2398$fD.1230@fed1read02,
"Richard Henry" wrote:
"Jeff Davis" wrote in message
.. .
In article fahRb.1428$fD.748@fed1read02,
Richard Henry wrote:
"Jeff Davis" wrote in message
. ..
The Subject Sez It! Jackson Hole Sucks. They can't even groom the

You will have a much better moutain/shopping experience at Vail.

Oh yeah. Next time I go *MOUTIAN* shopping, I'll go to Vail.

If you're going to lame me on my misspelling, at least misspell it
correctly.

While you guys are busy whooshing jeff, could you clean up the freakin
attributes-

What's the problem?

Back on topic-
http://www.tripnordic.com/moutian-co...ugar-diet.html

Ooh. That's a change for the internet. Lose inches.

Old January 27th 04, 02:29 PM
Let Mikey Ski It!

uglymoney wrote:
... The best nightlife
takes place not at the ski area, and not in the town, but in some
podunk town named Wilson, where a bunch of hicks gather in some sort
of redneck ritual that only a skier from Cody could appreciate.

That must be the place a local motel owner told us about. She also said,
"it has a big parking lot out back if ya takes to fightin". (No kiddin)

Nate, have you applied for a job in Colorado, yet?

Mike...

--
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us
Carpe powder-diem
Old January 27th 04, 04:29 PM
uglymoney

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 07:29:13 -0700, "Let Mikey Ski It!"
wrote:

uglymoney wrote:
... The best nightlife
takes place not at the ski area, and not in the town, but in some
podunk town named Wilson, where a bunch of hicks gather in some sort
of redneck ritual that only a skier from Cody could appreciate.

That must be the place a local motel owner told us about. She also said,
"it has a big parking lot out back if ya takes to fightin". (No kiddin)

Nate, have you applied for a job in Colorado, yet?

Not yet. Denver area/front range is #1 on my A list though, and trust
me, its more than just you trying to talk sense into me, and get me to
relocate. I've as many friends in Denver as I do here - many have
already fled.

Strangely, I am home today because of a snowstorm here in the midwest.
Thats a good thing.

nate

Old January 27th 04, 11:35 PM
Jeff Davis

Richard Henry wrote:
If you're going to lame me on my misspelling, at least misspell it
correctly.

Hey. Vail ain't my cup of tea. Either is the whole Colorado scene with
the exeption of A-Basin in April and May. Colorado was a great place to
learn, (from Olympic Coach Dolf Kuntz). My horizons were greatly expanded
moving to Salt Lake when I was 7. Thank God I moved back here to Wyoming
by the age of 12. Jackson Hole isn't your cup of tea. Its too cold. Its
to wild. It has too many cliff bands. You can't buy Gucci or Versace here.
Stay home and have more fun. Really.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 27th 04, 11:41 PM
Jeff Davis

In article dloRb.2725$fD.334@fed1read02,
Richard Henry wrote:
What's the problem?

Emily Postnews says its bad form to publish irrelevant attribute drivel.

Ooh. That's a change for the internet. Lose inches.

Why don't you lose the collumn inches of those attributes? Do you want to
start a noxious cascade of carrots? Or are you going to start behaving
yourself like a civil person?
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 27th 04, 11:48 PM
Jeff Davis

In article ,
uglymoney wrote:
And the scenery sucks. Its always cloudy. I've gone weeks without
seeing the Tetons.

Some times you have to shinny all the way up there to see *one* peak.
Yesterday slabs were being remotely triggered 100 to 150' away from
the snow being skied. They didn't run very far, and the deepest was
a 1' lens of wind load. But this means the weak layer of old surface
hoar is persistent. The steady slow accumulation every day that we're
getting is the best thing that could happen given the present circumstance.
And that's the way it is, at 9000' in Grand Teton National Park.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 27th 04, 11:53 PM
Jeff Davis

In article ,
FHemmer209 wrote:
uglymoney wrote:
I've gone weeks without seeing the Tetons.

Buy her a drink first.

Nah. Get upstairs in the Cabin early for the St. Paddy's Day Wet-T contest.
They've been serving me free sodas for years at the Log Cabin Saloon. Its
the most popular hang out of us unpretentious skids who live in town. That
reminds me...Helmet Cam!
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 28th 04, 12:06 AM
Jeff Davis

In article ,
uglymoney wrote:
Not yet. Denver area/front range is #1 on my A list though, and trust
me, its more than just you trying to talk sense into me, and get me to
relocate. I've as many friends in Denver as I do here - many have
already fled.

That's deffinitely a move up for you. The Lemming runs up and down I-70
wore thin for me. I had too much history in Jackson Hole. Wouldn't mind
parking the Winnebago in the lot at A Basin for April and May though.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 28th 04, 02:40 AM
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Kurt Knisely wrote:

By definition. If the wind, rain or sun doesn't destroy it before it snows,
then it is notoriously persistent. Lots of whumphing around here on rarely
skied slopes. That layer may be with us for the rest of the season (at the
elevations where it was common).

I don't know where "around here," is from your perspective. I'd be
suprised if this layer remained a problem for the rest of the season.
I think its instability may persist for the rest of the week. But I'm
an optomist.

Neat area, how are the moose and elk doing down in the preserve?

Spreading brucillocis and eating hay. BTW- I've seen a lot of wind
slabs deposited in lenticular shapes. They come off the suncrust or
what ever the slide bed is in a cohesive unit, or a lens. I was speaking
of the shape of the small slab. As for the big dump cleaning everything
out, I'd hate to see a climax cycle and don't think its necessary for
the snow pack *here* to restabilize. I'll be watching this layer to
see if it sublimes or not. Some higher water content snow on top of
it may help it consolidate in short order. And there is that wonderful
low pressure system over Reno right now with that huge wave of Asian
disturbed air behind it from the Gulf of Alaska back past the international
date line
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Suggestions for accomodation in Jackson Hole Janet North American Ski Resorts 3 February 22nd 04 06:11 PM
Jackson Hole Switters Snowboarding 3 December 2nd 03 12:46 PM
Jackson Hole WY 2004 Ski rentals and snowmobiling? Spider North American Ski Resorts 1 November 20th 03 12:27 AM
Jackson Hole WY 2004 Ski rentals and snowmobiling? Spider Alpine Skiing 0 November 17th 03 05:30 PM
Jackson Hole Helen Montfort North American Ski Resorts 3 October 28th 03 04:12 PM