DIN Chart - Atomic - Where can I find one?

Old August 19th 03, 01:45 PM
Walt

Default TLAs was: DIN Chart - Atomic - Where can I find one?

Dave Stallard wrote:

What a joke this thing is! There's absolutely nothing they could have
done to give Franken better press and give him more book sales. What a
bunch of turkeys!

The unfortunate thing is that the book probably won't be nearly as funny
as Bill's temper tantrum. How do you ridicule something that's already
a parody of itself?

--
//-Walt
//
Old August 19th 03, 02:15 PM
Dave Stallard

pigo wrote:

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message
Walt wrote:

Franken has recently been described as a "C-level political
commentator" who is "increasingly unfunny."

Described by whom, I wonder? Fox TV news commentators? Bwahahahah!

You do have a point there. How does one become "increasingly unfunny"
from not funny to start with?

I've never seen Franken, so I have no idea whether he's funny or not.
But I do know that this lawsuit is funny - it's the funniest thing I've
seen in a long time! I hope Fox goes through with it, I could use the
entertainment. But I bet that spoilsport judge will throw it out without
letting it go to trial.

Dave
Old August 19th 03, 02:53 PM
Walt

Dave Stallard wrote:

I've never seen Franken, so I have no idea whether he's funny or not.

He can be, but I don't think anybody would include him on the A-list of
America's Funniest Commedians. I remember a few genuinely funny bits
from his SNL days, and some boring unfunny go-nowhere routines. His
main role on SNL was as a writer, not as a performer so it's tough to
really gauge his contribution.

But I do know that this lawsuit is funny - it's the funniest thing I've
seen in a long time! I hope Fox goes through with it, I could use the
entertainment. But I bet that spoilsport judge will throw it out without
letting it go to trial.

Want some more comedy? Here's paragraph 77 of the complaint in it's
entirety:

77. Franken has recently been described as a "C-level political
commentator" who is "increasingly unfunny." Franken has physically
accosted Fox News personalities in the past, and was reported to
have appeared either intoxicated or deranged as he flew into a rage
near a table of Fox News personalities at a press correspondents'
dinner in April 2003. Franken is neither a journalist nor a
television personality. He is not a well-respected voice in
American politics; rather, he appears to be shrill and unstable.
His views lack any serious depth or insight. Franken is commonly
perceived as having to trade off of the name recognition of others
in order to make money. One commentator has referred to Franken
as a "parasite" for attempting to trade off of Fox News' brand
and O'Reilly's fame in the Preliminary Cover of his book.

So who was the comentator who said Franken was a "parasite",
"increasingly unfunny" and a "C-level political commentator"? Well,
none other than CK Rairden, a columnist for "The Platte Country
Landmark" in Missouri. Who obviously knows a C-level policital
commentator when he sees one. LOL! That's the best they can do?

--
//-Walt
//
Old August 19th 03, 03:50 PM
pigo

Walt wrote:

Franken has recently been described as a "C-level political
commentator" who is "increasingly unfunny."

Described by whom, I wonder? Fox TV news commentators?

Bwahahahah!

You do have a point there. How does one become "increasingly

unfunny"
from not funny to start with?

I've never seen Franken, so I have no idea whether he's funny or not.
But I do know that this lawsuit is funny - it's the funniest thing

I've
seen in a long time! I hope Fox goes through with it, I could use the
entertainment. But I bet that spoilsport judge will throw it out

without
letting it go to trial.

I hope they go through with it as well. I'll bet that they have a top
notch legal department that will research this and determine whether or
not it is worth perusing.
But what are you going to do when/if FNC wins? Whine about the judge
being paid off? It seems clear to me that franken is trying to imply
endorsement from FNC.
It's another example of the left manipulating standards of behavior used
during their failed 40 years in power. Like the house members in Texas
leaving the state because they are now in the minority and can't vote
their agenda into practice anymore. Or the Senate demo's changing the
number needed to approve a judge from 51 (simple majority) to 60 (the
number needed to defeat their philibuster).

Old August 19th 03, 07:01 PM
Walt

pigo wrote:

It seems clear to me that franken is trying to imply
endorsement from FNC.

This is simply one of the most delusional things I've read in a long
time.

--
//-Walt
//
Old August 19th 03, 10:56 PM
The Real Bev

pigo wrote:

[Franken] was stewart smalley wasn't he? I never saw one of those that was
funny. I don't remeber him ever being funny.

The SS routine was embarrassing. Not that he was awful but that there
were probably real people just like that. Chris Farley's guy who lived in
a van down by the river was way funnier, but probably just as real.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old August 20th 03, 06:42 AM
BrritSki

Walt wrote:

pigo wrote:

It seems clear to me that franken is trying to imply
endorsement from FNC.

This is simply one of the most delusional things I've read in a long
time.

You must have some people here kf'ed then