Unexpected find

Old April 23rd 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Unexpected find

While doing some research on cold weather, I stumbled onto this
article that includes a picture of my old Sunday School teacher, Don
McNally, former manager of Jay Peak ski area, "fishing" on the slopes.

http://www.northlandjournal.com/stories11.html

Old April 23rd 07, 08:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Richard Henry wrote:
While doing some research on cold weather, I stumbled onto this
article that includes a picture of my old Sunday School teacher, Don
McNally, former manager of Jay Peak ski area, "fishing" on the slopes.

http://www.northlandjournal.com/stories11.html

He's not really ice fishing. How do I know? There's no beer in the
picture.

//Walt
Old April 23rd 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
Walt wrote:

Richard Henry wrote:
While doing some research on cold weather, I stumbled onto this
article that includes a picture of my old Sunday School teacher, Don
McNally, former manager of Jay Peak ski area, "fishing" on the slopes.

http://www.northlandjournal.com/stories11.html

He's not really ice fishing. How do I know? There's no beer in the
picture.

//Walt

I just want to add that "Beaver Trout" sounds like a euphemism for a
particularly heinous STD.

Or maybe an expression to describe a surprise encounter with a
transvestite.... "I thought I was going to score with that hot Thai
bargirl until a 9 inch beaver trout jumped out of the water."
Old April 23rd 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Apr 23, 1:12 pm, Walt wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
While doing some research on cold weather, I stumbled onto this
article that includes a picture of my old Sunday School teacher, Don
McNally, former manager of Jay Peak ski area, "fishing" on the slopes.

http://www.northlandjournal.com/stories11.html

He's not really ice fishing. How do I know? There's no beer in the
picture.

//Walt

Have you ever met a photographer? He is probably sitting on the
cooler.

Poking around at that website I found some other sad news: Walter
Foeger, Jay Peak's first Ski School director, has passed on. I shook
his hand when he handed me my first Standard Race medal (a bronze
snowflake with J in the middle) in 1963(?).

When he started at Jay Peak, he brought in a new style called Natur-
Teknik which skipped over snowplow turns. Beginners were guaranteed
to ski parallel from the top of the mountain by the end of a ski week,
5 continuous days of instruction, 2 group lessons a day. Every sunny
Sunday, there would be a mid-day demo by the instructors on the Main
Slope in front of the State Warming Hut. Then an obviously out-of-
control snowplower would come down the slope, and Walter would whip a
toy pistol out of his parka pocket and ahoot him.

http://www.northlandjournal.com/stories38.html

Old April 24th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

On Apr 23, 2:36 pm, Dave Cartman wrote:

Snip...

Or maybe an expression to describe a surprise encounter with a
transvestite.... "I thought I was going to score with that hot Thai
bargirl until a 9 inch beaver trout jumped out of the water."

Bravo!

Very funny.

Thanks.
--
Marty

Old April 24th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

On Apr 23, 2:36 pm, Dave Cartman wrote:

snip...

Or maybe an expression to describe a surprise encounter with a
transvestite.... "I thought I was going to score with that hot Thai
bargirl until a 9 inch beaver trout jumped out of the water."

Very, very, good Dave.

Post Of The Month.
--
Marty