California Snow was: Posts wanted!

Old January 5th 06, 08:18 PM

Default California Snow was: Posts wanted!

Mammoth-Sierra snowpack (official gumint figures):

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryLonger?4166

http://wsoweb.ladwp.com/Aqueduct/sno...s/laprecip.htm

And Mammoths' photp gallery page:

http://www.mammothmountain.com/galle...cfm?gallery=46

And Big Bear is covered, too.

http://www.snowsummit.com/photos.php

"Sven Golly" wrote in message
4.119...
Anyone care to ignore the morons?

--
Sven Golly
Trolling as usual

Old January 5th 06, 11:03 PM

Mary Malmros wrote:
Fie upon you. Here in the Northeast we're really struggling along, on
bits and pieces. If we could get a good two-foot dump we'd be in good
shape, but there's nothing like that on the horizon.

Time for another sacrifice...

Ohhh, sounds like a bad time to bring up the Colorado snow report.

Sam "May Ullr drop by your ski area real soon now" Seiber

Old January 5th 06, 11:10 PM

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message
Richard Henry wrote:
Mammoth-Sierra snowpack (official gumint figures):

Fie upon you. Here in the Northeast we're really struggling along, on
bits and pieces. If we could get a good two-foot dump we'd be in good
shape, but there's nothing like that on the horizon.

Time for another sacrifice...

It's worse than you think. The snowpack figures are in equivalent inches of
liquid water.

Old January 6th 06, 12:43 AM

Richard Henry wrote:

Mammoth-Sierra snowpack (official gumint figures):

Fie upon you. Here in the Northeast we're really struggling along, on
bits and pieces. If we could get a good two-foot dump we'd be in good
shape, but there's nothing like that on the horizon.

Time for another sacrifice...

It's worse than you think. The snowpack figures are in equivalent inches of
liquid water.

HATE you! We have NOTHING more than snow showers in the ten-day
forecast. It's enough to make you wail and gnash your teeth.

Old January 6th 06, 01:27 AM

Richard Henry wrote:

Mammoth-Sierra snowpack (official gumint figures):

Fie upon you. Here in the Northeast we're really struggling along, on
bits and pieces. If we could get a good two-foot dump we'd be in good
shape, but there's nothing like that on the horizon.

Time for another sacrifice...

It's worse than you think. The snowpack figures are in equivalent
inches of
liquid water.

HATE you! We have NOTHING more than snow showers in the ten-day
forecast. It's enough to make you wail and gnash your teeth.

Mary, Killington just sent me a "Powder Alert"

I cut and paste...
Powder Alert!

It is dumping at Killington - 5 inches of new
snow in the past 24 hours. This weekend we are
projecting to have 125+ trails, served by 29
lifts. Open terrain is in incredible shape with
deep top-to-bottom, wall-to-wall snow
coverage.

More advanced terrain? Killington will have more
open this weekend than any other resort in the
East. Thanks to our top-notch snowmaking crew,
we've buried all your favorites including Lower
Double Dipper, Lower Downdraft and Upper Vertigo
with tons of snow.

Pico Mountain is open with 23 trails and 4 lifts.
Upper Pike opened on Thursday and B-Slope will be
open for this weekend.
I was at Pico on Wednesday. It was firm, fast
and fun, to quote a patroller I spoke with.

As for "powder" you'd need to get there by 7:00AM
(lifts open at 9) to be able to get it before the
patrollers have cut it all up.

Old January 6th 06, 02:48 AM

Or just make a trip west. Got todays paper and they say Summit County
CO has the fourth best early season ever. And the snowiest months are
still in front of us.

Oct - Dec
1893 - 149"
1983 - 137"
1969 - 128"
2005 - 111"

Colorado River basin is 139% of normal.

snoig

Old January 6th 06, 03:38 AM

VtSkier wrote:

Richard Henry wrote:

Mammoth-Sierra snowpack (official gumint figures):

Fie upon you. Here in the Northeast we're really struggling along, on
bits and pieces. If we could get a good two-foot dump we'd be in good
shape, but there's nothing like that on the horizon.

Time for another sacrifice...

It's worse than you think. The snowpack figures are in equivalent
inches of
liquid water.

HATE you! We have NOTHING more than snow showers in the ten-day
forecast. It's enough to make you wail and gnash your teeth.

Mary, Killington just sent me a "Powder Alert"

You know, that's nice, but...five whole inches. Come on. We need a
good two-foot dump and you know it, not this itsy-bitsy four-five-six
inches at a time stuff.

Old January 6th 06, 04:11 AM

VtSkier wrote:

Richard Henry wrote:

Mammoth-Sierra snowpack (official gumint figures):

Fie upon you. Here in the Northeast we're really struggling along, on
bits and pieces. If we could get a good two-foot dump we'd be in good
shape, but there's nothing like that on the horizon.

Time for another sacrifice...

It's worse than you think. The snowpack figures are in equivalent
inches of
liquid water.

HATE you! We have NOTHING more than snow showers in the ten-day
forecast. It's enough to make you wail and gnash your teeth.

Mary, Killington just sent me a "Powder Alert"

You know, that's nice, but...five whole inches. Come on. We need a good
two-foot dump and you know it, not this itsy-bitsy four-five-six inches at
a time stuff.

I skied from the Dec. 27 - Jan 1 in VT., NH, & ME, those were the iciest
days that I have ever skied. Normally there are enough patches of snow to
allow one to slow down some or snow on the sides of the runs. Many of the
runs were pure sheets of ice, what looked like snow on the sides were ice
crust, terrible. The only nice day was nice the Dec. 29, it was like spring
skiing nice soft snow all the ice had soften up but the very next day
refroze back to ice. Each ski area had at least one run that would have
mounds of snow. They all seemed to be hidden and were all bump runs if you
got lucky you'd find them.

I hope condition get better my best friend from the west coast is coming to
visit me at the end of the month. I promised him some good skiing from VT
to ME.

JQ
Dancing on the edge