Hardwood Floor Guy Needed

Old December 29th 10, 02:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default Hardwood Floor Guy Needed

On 12/29/10 06:07, downhill wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

What do you guys think of bamboo? It's really pretty, especially the
darker color. How long does it take for a water puddle to do damage?

Stay away from bamboo it looks great soft as ****. Drop something it
dents can not be sanded out as surface is different from depth. I had it
and it looks great until you do something to it. Also it slowly goes
to dust, as it dries out. Was in to bamboo a bit, learned a bunch of
stuff and china like any thing it ships out is not in best interest of
user. Bamboo needs to be harvested in the 5 to 7 year range and now
china is harvesting in 4 to 6 years and it being closer to 4.
Also the bamboo mite is resistant to everything but a toxic cyanide
flush. I had a set of bamboo utensils that the mites ate there way out
of bamboo but could not out of sealed bag that had come from china.

Oh well, not likely to do anything with it anyway.

Daughter put slate flooring in her living room. Pretty, but not level
from one tile to the next and a bitch to clean.

--
Cheers, Bev
Sign on restroom hand-dryer:

Old January 3rd 11, 08:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 07:59:13 -0800 (PST), pigo
wrote:

I partnered up with a guy and the rehab of an old house in Seattle.
Anyone know a hardwood floor guy up there?

Bob, this is an easy DIY job. Lumberliquidators.com
Old January 3rd 11, 09:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

wrote:

I partnered up with a guy and the rehab of an old house in Seattle.
Anyone know a hardwood floor guy up there?

Bob, this is an easy DIY job. Lumberliquidators.com

It takes time when other things can be worked on at the same time.
It's not efficient for me.
Old January 3rd 11, 09:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

wrote:

I partnered up with a guy and the rehab of an old house in Seattle.
Anyone know a hardwood floor guy up there?

Bob, this is an easy DIY job. Lumberliquidators.com

Anyone ever hear of Banchero Hardwoods?

It's on 1st ave. NW.
Old January 5th 11, 07:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Dec 28 2010, 7:18*pm, The Real Bev wrote:

What do you guys think of bamboo? *It's really pretty, especially the
darker color. *How long does it take for a water puddle to do damage?

Not relevant to floors, but Calfee makes high-end bamboo bike frames,
both road and mountain. Nice- looking frame:

http://www.calfeedesign.com/bamboo.htm

They claim that the bamboo is more crash-resistant than carbon, which
I guess I can believe. Warranty is 10 years, though, instead of
Calfee's usual 25.

I'd definitely get one if I had the space for it.

Dave

Old January 6th 11, 03:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Jan 6, 8:28*am, Ted Waldron wrote:
That said, I also think bike frames like car bodies are made to crumple,
because there are too many spot welds for Chrome Moly and Titanium
frames and the glue for Carbon fibre probably isn't that great to keep
the bike together. *(I am guessing, that the bamboo bikes use glue for
the joints, and the warranty is more for the glue's duration)

Car frames crumple to absorb energy and not transmit it to the
occupants. That doesn't seem applicable for a bike? This of course
after 15 seconds of careful consideration.

god! Won't winter ever end????? I WANT SUMMER!!! At least I get a
taste next week.
Old January 6th 11, 03:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 08:23:59 -0800 (PST), pigo
wrote this crap:

god! Won't winter ever end????? I WANT SUMMER!!! At least I get a
taste next week.

I want to get out and golf. Just when the snow melts, we get another
dump overnight.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old January 7th 11, 02:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

pigo wrote:
On Jan 6, 8:28 am, Ted Waldron wrote:
That said, I also think bike frames like car bodies are made to
crumple, because there are too many spot welds for Chrome Moly and
Titanium frames and the glue for Carbon fibre probably isn't that
great to keep the bike together. (I am guessing, that the bamboo
bikes use glue for the joints, and the warranty is more for the
glue's duration)

Car frames crumple to absorb energy and not transmit it to the
occupants. That doesn't seem applicable for a bike? This of course
after 15 seconds of careful consideration.

god! Won't winter ever end????? I WANT SUMMER!!! At least I get a
taste next week.

Maybe it's time to leave here and go find a golf group.

We don't need that kind of talk here.

Old January 7th 11, 03:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

wrote:

I partnered up with a guy and the rehab of an old house in Seattle.
Anyone know a hardwood floor guy up there?

Bob, this is an easy DIY job. Lumberliquidators.com

Anyone ever hear of Banchero Hardwoods?

It's on 1st ave. NW.

Sure have. In my neighborhood, too. Happy to give you directions, if
you can diaper up and let me know when you'll be in town.
EMERGENCY GOLF TRIP!!!!!!!
Old January 7th 11, 03:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Jan 6, 7:44*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
pigo wrote:
On Jan 6, 8:28 am, Ted Waldron wrote:
That said, I also think bike frames like car bodies are made to
crumple, because there are too many spot welds for Chrome Moly and
Titanium frames and the glue for Carbon fibre probably isn't that
great to keep the bike together. (I am guessing, that the bamboo
bikes use glue for the joints, and the warranty is more for the
glue's duration)

Car frames crumple to absorb energy and not transmit it to the
occupants. That doesn't seem applicable for a bike? This of course
after 15 seconds of careful consideration.

god! Won't winter ever end????? I WANT SUMMER!!! At least I get a
taste next week.

Maybe it's time to leave here and go find a golf group.

We don't need that kind of talk here.

But we do need false allegations of molesting children and sick jokes
about raping kids, eh, you pathetic freak?