Elan Vector 157

Old May 27th 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

Default Elan Vector 157

Hi!

I'm new in snowboarding and I'm about to buy a new (used) snowboard. I
got offer 140$ for used Elan Vector 157 snowboard and now I want to
know is that a good deal, how good is above mentioned snowboard and is
it OK to buy used snowboard or it's better to buy a new one. (Take in
consideration money!)

Please, reply as soon as possible!! Thanks in advance!

Pictures soon!
Old May 28th 08, 04:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

On 28 svi, 13:44, Christopher Cox
wrote:
First off, the priority of things:

Boots - Bindings - Board

In that order. I ride almost $300 boots on a piece of $%#@ $100 board
and "Do O.k.". I own a $900 board, but have more fun on my piece of &%^$.

That being said, the only info I am finding on the Elan Vector indicates
that it might be a little stiffer than most. Elan rates it as a
freestyle board which indicates it should be soft. ????

http://www.the-house.com/9856tsve7zz...nowboards.html

Hmmm, $149 New.

Looks like pretty standard mass manufacture construction. It has a
extruded base which will probably be soft.

Hmmm, but that's some 24/7 mark...

This one is like this... http://www.emarket365.com/uploaded/479830786.jpg

(I don't know is there any difference...) :S

And you say I should choose in "Boots - Bindings - Board"
order...? :S

Damn, how could I know which one's right for me? How much should I
give for good and quality boots and bindings...?

And do you say that the board is not that important as boots and
bindings...? :S

Damn, I'm such a newbie!! :S
Old May 28th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

+ $220 cost a new one in my country... :S
Old May 29th 08, 12:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

And do you say that the board is not that important as boots and
bindings...? :S

Definitely. If your feet hurt because the boots are rubbish, then you're
going to have a bad day. Get good fitting boots, and your day will start
well.

What should I take in consideration when taking boots (and bindings)
and what should determine my choice...?

Also - what type of $s are you referring to?

US $. Anyway, I'm from Croatia...
Old May 29th 08, 01:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Your Mom Says[_2_]

I tend to disagree. I have some $100 boots and i broke em in and they
feel fine after time. The bindings are also mediocre. My board isnt
top of the line either, but I think it makes a big difference. I rode
one kind for a long time (stiffer and a bit heavier). Then I tried a
lighter and more flexible board and it was like a different world. So
in my opinion, the board is important...at least as important as boots
and bindings (or equally unimportant - depending how you read it).

Old May 29th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

OK...

So, at the end, how I'm going to choose right boots, bindings and
board for me...? Where should I put priority (comfort or smth. else)?
I mean, when I get in shop how will I know and by what criteria I will
be able to determine and say: "YES, those boots (bindings, board) are
the right one for me!!"?
Old May 29th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Your Mom Says[_2_]

My advice...just buy bad gear...used even if you can, until you get
good. It doesnt make sence to me to spend lots of money of great gear,
when you suck. You can learn just as well on a setup that costs 200$ as
one that costs 700$. And then when you get good, and you have ruined
your board by running over stones or crashing into things, then you can
buy that expensive gear and know enough not to ruin it. But thats just
me...

Old May 29th 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

On Thu, 29 May 2008 12:48:56 GMT, allegedly wrote:

Definitely. If your feet hurt because the boots are rubbish, then
you're going to have a bad day. Get good fitting boots, and your day
will start well.

What should I take in consideration when taking boots (and bindings)
and what should determine my choice...?

Fit, fit and then fit.

First off, take a look at the FAQ, which can be found at this location
http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/

It'll answer some questions for you. You can always come back with
more.

I try to fit boots at the end of the day, when the feet are bigger.
They most likely won't be comfortable, but as long as your toes are not
jammed in right at the end, and the boot fits well everywhere else. You
don't want any heel lift, and you don't want it pinching on the instep
or top of the foot.

Also - what type of $s are you referring to?

US $. Anyway, I'm from Croatia...

Lucky you. Which part? I've spent many a great time on Hvar and Brac
(sorry, my keyboard doesn't have the caron).

Do you snowboard in Slovenia, or go across to the main Alps?

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org.uk/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow.
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/
Old May 29th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

I've got point Your Mom Says!

And, as for you, Switters, I come from Slavonski Brod, Slavonia... But
now I study in Zagreb, so now I'm closer to Slovenia and Alps, and I
intended to go in Slovenia (I already picked a place ) first time I
get some more free-time...
I suppose you were here during summer (because you mentioned Brac and
Hvar) and I have to admit, I planned myself going on Hvar this summer,
as well...

Thank you all for your help and tips how to get right equipment for
me...

juro

ELAN SCX - Anybody still using them?? Rick Alpine Skiing 1 December 8th 05 02:30 PM
Elan SCX The Real Bev Alpine Skiing 7 October 16th 04 03:30 AM
ELAN Bruno Scap Snowboarding 1 February 13th 04 01:47 AM
Elan M8 or M10 darren Alpine Skiing 0 February 6th 04 03:21 AM
Elan Fusion S12 vs Elan S-Series S12 [email protected] Alpine Skiing 0 September 22nd 03 04:10 PM