Interesting Thought

Old March 18th 13, 12:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default Interesting Thought

Someone has the idea to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill. What's wrong with a country that has to make a law for that? When they wrote the Constitution, common sense was still in play wasn't it?
Old March 18th 13, 10:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 17:53:34 -0700 (PDT), pigo
wrote this crap:

Someone has the idea to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill.

Does that mean you'll have to undergo a medical check when you buy a
gun?

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old March 18th 13, 10:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 20:28:57 -0700 (PDT), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

On Sunday, March 17, 2013 5:53:34 PM UTC-7, pigo wrote:
Someone has the idea to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill.

Kewl. Brain Fried Bob Thompson is a deranged, delusional path

Speaking of the mentally ill. Guess who responds.

Don't drink and drive. Unless you have a good cup holder.
Old March 18th 13, 06:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

On 3/17/2013 8:53 PM, pigo wrote:
Someone has the idea to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill.

What's wrong with a country that has to make a law for that? When they
wrote the Constitution, common sense was still in play wasn't it?

When they wrote the Constitution, guns only fired one shot at a time
before a lengthy reload too.

So, it meant that if one wanted/needed many shots to be fired in a
short period of time it took many people (a militia, it the words
of the Constitution). Common sense works better for a group than it
does for an individual.

So yes, common sense was definitely in play at that time, but the
actions of an individual were of less importance too. The reason for
keeping guns out of the hands of a mentally ill person is that the
mentally ill person can do ever so much more damage that he could
back then.

Old March 18th 13, 07:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 3/18/13 11:15 AM, VtSkier wrote:

Common sense works better for a group than it
does for an individual.

Mass hysteria counter statement.
Part of our problem is group-think claiming to have "common sense" on
their side while spouting some truly alarming and nonsensical ideas.
Old March 18th 13, 07:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

On 3/18/2013 3:02 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
On 3/18/13 11:15 AM, VtSkier wrote:

Common sense works better for a group than it
does for an individual.

Mass hysteria counter statement.
Part of our problem is group-think claiming to have "common sense" on
their side while spouting some truly alarming and nonsensical ideas.

Well, yeah, but mutiny against an unstable commander was reasonably
common in those days or so the literature would have us believe.

And then the "Yeahbut!" of we're not talking about ideas here, we're
talking about 'most' members of a group understanding the values they
were brought up with. As in, "Thou shalt not kill." Whether you are
religious or not, this is stuck in the back of the brains of most sane
people.

I know, I know, you are going to bring up the subject of mob mentality
and the event of a riot. And I'm going to say that there is usually a
modicum of real provocation for this kind of behavior, not like some
sicko plotting "revenge" on those who have "done him wrong."
Old March 18th 13, 07:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Monday, March 18, 2013 12:40:10 PM UTC-6, twobuddha wrote:
On Monday, March 18, 2013 11:15:22 AM UTC-7, VtSkier wrote:

On 3/17/2013 8:53 PM, pigo wrote:

Someone has the idea to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill.

What's wrong with a country that has to make a law for that? When they

wrote the Constitution, common sense was still in play wasn't it?

When they wrote the Constitution, guns only fired one shot at a time

before a lengthy reload too.

And there was not an internet, so freaks like you couldn't post my home address and encourage nutcases to shoot me.

So, it meant that if one wanted/needed many shots to be fired in a

short period of time it took many people (a militia, it the words

of the Constitution). Common sense works better for a group than it

does for an individual.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Sure works great for you freaks, eh? Brain Fried Bob Thompson and you are having a civil conversation about wack job gun control. No common sense whatsoever.

So yes, common sense was definitely in play at that time, but the

actions of an individual were of less importance too. The reason for

keeping guns out of the hands of a mentally ill person is that the

mentally ill person can do ever so much more damage that he could

back then.

But YOU are on record as supporting gun ownership by mentally ill people, and you proved it when a mentally ill wack job threatened to shoot me, and you helped him by posting my home address at his request.

You seem to lack common sense, along with balls, ethics, and decency. The least you could do is mention the reality that Swift Boat Bob is a racist right wing nutjob who continually posts delusions and fantasies. Maybe call the Utah cops and report him as mentally ill. You know, holed up in his spider bunker with an assault rifle and high capacity clips?

Common sense, right?

Your therapy was going so well up until now. But I see your demons still can't be silenced. It's funny how Pigo owns you. There's no way you can't respond to him, even when he isn't even talking about you. But somehow you manage to make everything about you, don't you. Oh well, at least there won't be any gun control laws passed in Colorado anytime soon so if some crazy loon shows up at my door I can still have those high capacity clips and an assault rifle to protect myself.
Old March 18th 13, 07:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Mar 18, 12:38*pm, VtSkier wrote:
Well, yeah, but mutiny against an unstable commander was reasonably
common in those days or so the literature would have us believe.

And then the "Yeahbut!" of we're not talking about ideas here, we're
talking about 'most' members of a group understanding the values they
were brought up with. As in, "Thou shalt not kill." Whether you are
religious or not, this is stuck in the back of the brains of most sane
people.

I know, I know, you are going to bring up the subject of mob mentality
and the event of a riot. And I'm going to say that there is usually a
modicum of real provocation for this kind of behavior, not like some
sicko plotting "revenge" on those who have "done him wrong."

Small units in those days elected their own officers, so that had a
calming effect.

At the other end of the spectrum, Washington had men whipped for not
using proper latrines at Valley Forge.
Old March 18th 13, 08:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 12:59:00 -0700 (PDT), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

At the other end of the spectrum, Washington had men whipped for not
using proper latrines at Valley Forge.

That policy should be upheld today.

Don't drink and drive. Unless you have a good cup holder.
Old March 18th 13, 09:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Goober Jones

Question: Who defines what is mentally ill. Politicians and
Bureaucrats cannot be trusted on any account. Are you advocating
Establishing a national database on mental disorders. That's a dangerous
Precedent.