2012-13 season finale

Old April 22nd 13, 06:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

Default 2012-13 season finale

Let's see if any "real" skier left in this group,

115 days, 1.9 million vertical feet skied.

Heavenly skiing: 2012-13 season finale, I - YouTube

Heavenly skiing: 2012-13 season finale, II - YouTube

Heavenly skiing: 2012-13 season finale, III - YouTube

snowbender
Old April 22nd 13, 07:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

On 4/22/2013 2:01 PM, snowbender wrote:
Let's see if any "real" skier left in this group,

115 days, 1.9 million vertical feet skied.

Heavenly skiing: 2012-13 season finale, I - YouTube

Heavenly skiing: 2012-13 season finale, II - YouTube

Heavenly skiing: 2012-13 season finale, III - YouTube

snowbender

Well I wondered why you hadn't been posting here lately. Now I know.

I'm nowhere near your total but apparently I'm influential. I did my 30
days as an ambassador at Killington (10 more than required) and never
ski without my radio so I'm always "working".

The Executive Team held a meeting last Friday which included myself and
several other "senior" ambassadors (this was my 18th year and I predate
the current director of the program). The Exec Team included the
president/general manager, Mountain Ops director (VP), Head of
Marketing, Head of Guest Services (who is also head of risk management),
Head of Food Services but interestingly not Snow Sports Instruction
(except for Mt.Ops as overall head thereof).

We talked about everything skiing about Killington including what's
good, what's bad. Snow. Lack of same. Grooming. Trouble spots
specifically congestion areas. Getting on and off lifts. How the
ambassadors are the eyes and ears of the Exec Team.

This was probably the most interesting and impressive meeting I've ever
been to. Impressive because the exec team actually seemed to be listening.

According to a friend who has been there almost as long as I have, he
and I are "legends" among ambassadors and other longtime Killington
skiers. A legend. A frigging legend. And I thought I was only a legend
in my own mind. great big belly laugh

RW

Old April 22nd 13, 10:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 4/22/13 11:01 AM, snowbender wrote:

115 days, 1.9 million vertical feet skied.

Good show.
I see you're still forgoing poles?
Old April 22nd 13, 10:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 4/22/13 12:09 PM, VtSkier wrote:

A legend. A frigging legend.

Indeed. A Yeti?

I've had my Alpine locker for about 29 years, near as I can figure.
Keeps going up in price but doesn't get any bigger. Why is that?
Old April 23rd 13, 01:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 4/22/2013 6:54 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
On 4/22/13 12:09 PM, VtSkier wrote:

A legend. A frigging legend.

Indeed. A Yeti?

I've had my Alpine locker for about 29 years, near as I can figure.
Keeps going up in price but doesn't get any bigger. Why is that?

Relativity. Length contraction. Time dilation. Pilsner Urquelization.

All the usual reasons.

//Walt
Old April 23rd 13, 06:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Monday, April 22, 2013 12:09:45 PM UTC-7, VtSkier wrote:
[...]

Legend I'm not, but a lot of people here at Heavenly know [of] me [because I was there almost everyday]. They would holler as they ski by, when I ski by them, and/or when they see me, that's really nice of them, but the problem is, a lot of times, I don't know who they are, sigh.

It's nice to see some "real" skier still around.

Nice talking to you,
IS

Ps. Not sure how this "new" posting software works, try it out first.
Old April 23rd 13, 06:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

On 4/23/2013 2:25 PM, snowbender wrote:
[...]

Well you too can become a legend... just use that coyote howl a little
more often. ;-]
Old April 23rd 13, 06:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snowbender

On Monday, April 22, 2013 3:50:47 PM UTC-7, lal_truckee wrote:
On 4/22/13 11:01 AM, snowbender wrote: 115 days, 1.9 million vertical feet skied. Good show. I see you're still forgoing poles?

Thanks. Nowadays, I started to use poles on powder days, as well as tough "spring skiing" days to help me to "move" around flats; getting old, sigh. Interesting conversation regarding using poles, the second part of the clip,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbnG0...ature=youtu.be

snowbender
Old April 23rd 13, 08:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 12:33:07 -0700 (PDT), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 11:35:11 AM UTC-7, VtSkier wrote:

Well you too can become a legend... just use that coyote howl a little

more often. ;-]

Or when somebody threatens to shoot me, you could become a legend
by posting my home address to help the shooter find me
, just like Richard Walsh did.

I did too, Trunky. Does that make me a legend in your own mind? You
can make it all stop. Just put the gun barrel in your mouth and
squeeze the trigger. You won't even have to clean up the mess.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old April 23rd 13, 10:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 13:21:54 -0700 (PDT), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

Or when somebody threatens to shoot me, you could become a legend

by posting my home address to help the shooter find me

, just like Richard Walsh did.

I did too, Trunky. Does that make me a legend in your own mind?

Nah, just makes you a dickless coward who threatens people without
having the balls to put your ass on the line.

Where's the threat?

You

can make it all stop. Just put the gun barrel in your mouth and

squeeze the trigger. You won't even have to clean up the mess.

You are a legendary maggot, Huggies. Walsh at least tries to appear
civilized, like the psychopath he is. You revel in what a pathetic
freak you are. Proud of your cowardice.

Really? shove a gun in your mouth and squeeze the trigger. We'll see
who the freak is here.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.