Winter Triathlon Info

Old November 8th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Neal Henderson

Default Winter Triathlon Info

Hi all,

Sorry about the e-trusion...for anyone interested in winter multisport
racing, please keep reading.

Winter triathlon involves running on snow, mountain biking on snow, and
cross country skiing. The International Triathlon Union (ITU -
www.triathlon.org) is the international governing body for the sport...like
FIS is for skiing. In the US, USA Triathlon (www.usatriathlon.org) is the
national governing body.

In 2007, the US will be hosting the National Championships, and Pan
American Championships, on February 4, 2007 at Devil's Thumb Ranch in
Colorado. See www.5430sports.com for registration information.

Europe has typically been the hotbed of winter triathlon racing, but it
is expanding with races in New Zealand, Argentina, Canada, and beyond.
There is a push to try to get winter triathlon into the Olympic Programme in
2014.

For more information about winter triathlon visit:
http://www.usatriathlon.org/MultiSpo...Triathlon.aspx

http://home.comcast.net/~apexcoachin..._Triathlon.htm

If you know anyone who might be interested in organizing races in other
areas around the US, please contact Jeff Dryek at jeffATusatriathlonDOTorg.
Thanks, and feel free to contact me with any questions. Neal

--
Neal Henderson, MS CSCS
Sport Science Manager, Boulder Center for Sports Medicine

Old November 8th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jan Gerrit Klok

In a way it's bad for me that WT gets so much good press lately. I was
hoping to use my naturally high MTB pace to help me get nice results. If
good skiers are going to compete, they'll lap me on the run as well as the
ski, leaving me with a tough job for the bike.

I've already contacted www.triathlon.org regarding the bike rules. They
still state a 26" max wheelsize, while more snow bikes will measure 27" or
larger. Since '99, 29" wheeled bikes with 700c rims have become a big hit,
and I haven't owned 26" bikes for a few years. I will not buy a 26" bike
just to take part in WT, so I guess I'm in trouble!

Winter Triathlon seems like too much fun, once I'm both run- and ski-fit.

"Neal Henderson" schreef in bericht