waxing

Old February 12th 05, 08:02 PM
broady broady is offline
Junior Member

Smile waxing

i've had a go at waxing my board but no i did'nt leave the iron and bubble my board. The thing is that i want to know is how much of the wax do u take of .I'v ironed the wax on flat and smooth all over . And started to scrap the wax of but how much and when do i stop before i rub down with the green stuff on the back off an pan scubber.
mark b
Old February 13th 05, 03:08 AM
todd

--
broady

broady, take it all off. keep scraping until you are hardly getting
any wax up with your plastic scraper. Then hit it with your brush or
scrubby and finish it off. (cork it too if you like)

the only wax left will be that soaked up by your base. the base will
be nice and shiny for your next 3-5 outings, then you'll start to see
some dry patches and you can do it again.

Old February 13th 05, 05:44 PM
Mike M. Miskulin

broady wrote in
:

i've had a go at waxing my board but no i did'nt leave the iron and
bubble my board. The thing is that i want to know is how much of

all of it if its your first time be gentle with the scraper until
you get the hang of it, keep a low angle. When you dont get any
more coming up, increase the angle and pressure a little bit, if you
still dont see any new wax then its good.

Also as most bases are not 100% flat you may find you have to flex
the scrapper a little bit to get on spot. You might also find the
edge of a credit card handy for those areas and to run along the
edges to knock off any wax from them.

Go easy with the green pad and decide ahead of time which way the
structure should be.