The ULTIMATE Ski Vehicle

Old November 10th 04, 05:05 AM
uglymoney

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 17:33:15 -0500, Jay Pique
wrote:

I want a full sized Ford Van. Lifted about 6 inches. 4WD, with studs
all around. (Not to mention the one in the driver's seat.)

The interior is giving me fits. On the one hand, I want classy - so I
guess that means no red velvet. On the other hand, I want something
that (attractive/female) people can feel comfortable getting naked in.
I'm leaning towards authentic naugagyde, as I've heard that some of
the crunchier ski grrls aren't so into bear skin rugs and such. I'm
open to suggestions as to color scheme.

For the exterior detailing and paint job, I'm all set.
It's going to look exactly like the A-Team van.

JP
*****************
I get to be "Face".

Ford? I might rethink Jay.

I do like the idea of a 4wd conversion, studs, locking hubs,
differentials, with a transfer case and a power winch on the front,
just not the idea of doing it with a Ford Van.

Invite a girl to go apres ski in a Ford Conversion? May as well issue
an invitation to a party in the local cemetery. Appealing, but a
little weird.

As an alternative, I suggest the new Dodge Sprinter. I've been
drooling since they came out. Stylish, Mercedes diesel equipped ski
conversion love shack. The price is reasonable, fuel economy good
enough that you could travel to the warm weather ski areas on
weekends. Go with the 158 inch wheelbase, chains, and forget about
4wd. With this lovemobile, getting stuck would be a pleasure.

http://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/Mode...INTER_PASS_VAN

Decals would be in white, very large, and would read, "Hooters Girls
Apres Ski Headquarters"

Interior decor? I'd go with a western theme.

http://www.hooterscolorado.com/galle...P4231950_email

nate

Old November 10th 04, 05:22 AM
Ted Waldron

In article ,
Jay Pique wrote:

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 17:39:48 -0600, bdubya
wrote:

My bartender has absinthe on the shelf. For a small fee, he'll add a
good dose of wormwood for authenticity. Wild.

Is drinking absinthe *really* different from, say,drinking grappa?
Is the buzz better? And what's this wormwood additive - is it real
wood? I'm confused.

Wormwood is a cousin of sage and mugwort, it is more of a plant than
a"wood". It has been known from the time of Ancient Greece. Vermouth,
the flavored wine used in Martinis, the name is derived from "Wermoth"
the German word for wormwood, because it is partly flavored by wormwood
flowers, beside other things.

Absinthe is a combination of many ingredients, including wormwood,
fennel, star anise, juniper,lemon balm, etc. etc its green color comes
the chlorophyl from its ingredients, modern absinthe main component is
alcohol, which is around 75 percent. So the main effect in a today's
absinthe drink is as a depressant.

What makes absinthe so controversial is the wormwood. Wormwood contains
thujone, which is technically a neurotoxin. Thujone can cause some
psycho-active and hallucinogenic effects, it is also appeared to cause
epilepsy in small to medium amounts. In larger amounts it will cause
kidney failure to death.

Absinthe is supposedly illegal in the US, and has been since 1912.
The FDA bans Wormwood as an additive to any alcoholic drink. This all a
grey zone, because one can buy it, over the Internet, or bring it back
from another country. Wormwood pills and the toxic and lethal wormwood
oil can be bought at Health Food Stores.

Absinthe got its popularity and its controversay in France during the
19th Century. The absinthe drank by Van Gogh, Manet and others had much
more wormwood, hence thujone, and some other dangerous crap than the
stuff bottled right now.

So to finally answer your question, no, absinthe of today isn't that
much different than drinking Grappa or other distilled potent potables.
It just has more of a legend behind it than something like grappa or
ouzo. However, wormwood can be toxic, and wormwood oil, which is
something like 90% thujone is deadly. (Sage oil has thujone in it as
well)

However for your A-Team/Scooby Doo van, I would recommend absinthe, it
adds some tempting but dangerous elements to the whole picture, along
with the flammable material, which will go up, once you turn on the
space heater. If you have fugu, and absinthe, then you should also get a
Mojave rattlesnake to complete the triad of neuro-toxins..

-ted
obski: buying a new iron
Old November 10th 04, 05:37 AM
Ted Waldron

In article ,
bdubya wrote:

My bartender has absinthe on the shelf. For a small fee, he'll add a
good dose of wormwood for authenticity. Wild.

bw

Is your Bartender's name, Mickey Finn? does he have some deal with the
Dialysis companies to get them more clients?

Anyway to be more authentic and back to the good old days, the bartender
would add copper sulfate, industrial alcohol and antimony trichloride to
get those epiletic fits and/ or psychosis going right along.. that what
they did in Gay Paris, well some of the Absinthe makers..

It sounds almost wild as asking for a "Canadian" at a bar.

http://www.visit4info.com/details.cf...ad&startrow=71

ted
Old November 10th 04, 06:02 AM
Ted Waldron

In article ,
tm wrote:

Ted Waldron wrote:
tm wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:

I want a full sized Ford Van. Lifted about 6 inches. 4WD, with studs
all around. (Not to mention the one in the driver's seat.)

Yosemite Sam mudflaps. Airhorn. Behind the grill gatling-gun.

The interior is giving me fits. On the one hand, I want classy - so I
guess that means no red velvet. On the other hand, I want something
that (attractive/female) people can feel comfortable getting naked in.
I'm leaning towards authentic naugagyde, as I've heard that some of
the crunchier ski grrls aren't so into bear skin rugs and such. I'm
open to suggestions as to color scheme.

You can't go wrong with neoprene, preferable black. Don't forget the
blender and the tropical fish aquarium. Chicks dig margaritas and
sushi.

Chicks really like the taste of strawberry margaritas mixed with a
fresh fugu roll.

to my fellow ignorant gaijin...
http://www.destroy-all-monsters.com/fugu.shtml

I'll stick to the toro nigiri, more fat less neurotoxins..

Problem with blowfish is they ain't pretty to look at in the aquarium.
Now an aquarium that would fit tuna, that would be somethin'. And a
strawberry patch. Jay might want to rethink the Ford van and go for
something by Peterbuilt.

Okay, what about some eels? I don't know what eel makes up Unagi, but
we can put that in the fish tank along with a Moray Eel.. with some crab
and squid for the nightly entertainment...

http://www.coralreefnetwork.com/sten...m#Moray%20Eels

they are not that ugly and they are nice as along if they don't hold on
to your hand..

Personally for all the stuff he wants, he should ditch the Ford Van and
get a brand new Unimog..

http://tinyurl.com/3rkzm

with those exhaust pipes vertical, he can also use to go into cranberry
bogs and chase out hidden moose. or else i would get something Hogan's
Heroish... to tow the aquarium, and speaker system to the slopes...

http://tinyurl.com/4j7ws

-ted
Old November 10th 04, 06:32 AM
rosco

wrote:

My bartender has absinthe on the shelf. For a small fee, he'll add a
good dose of wormwood for authenticity. Wild.

Is drinking absinthe *really* different from, say,drinking grappa?
Is the buzz better? And what's this wormwood additive - is it real
wood? I'm confused.

JP
*******************
It's snowing here.

True absinthe is made with wormwood. It is banned in many countries
because of its toxicity... it will make you crazy. Absinthe is more in
the anise or licorice-tasting family. Like Pernod or Sambuca. Grappa
is distilled from a brew using wine must and is more like a cross
between brandy and moonshine. The only genuine absinthe I have tasted
was smuggled in from Poland. Good stuff, that, but then again, I used
to have a top-shelf Chartruese jones. Definitely an aquirred taste.

RAC

Old November 10th 04, 12:43 PM
uglymoney

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:24:59 +0900, tm wrote:

As an alternative, I suggest the new Dodge Sprinter. I've been
drooling since they came out. Stylish, Mercedes diesel equipped ski
conversion love shack. The price is reasonable, fuel economy good
enough that you could travel to the warm weather ski areas on
weekends. Go with the 158 inch wheelbase, chains, and forget about
4wd. With this lovemobile, getting stuck would be a pleasure.

http://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/Mode...INTER_PASS_VAN

Oh dear god, if you're going to buy gaye you might as well go with
something reliable-
http://www.scion.com/drive/gallery/drive_xb_gallery.html
"The xB is all about attitude. The question is, how much can you
handle? Cruise with your friends and chill."

Scion? That's a low blow

21 cubic feet in the back of those little ****boxes.

Sprinter with 158 inch wheelbase has 473 cubic of semi-trailer like
convertible space. So much potential.

nate

Old November 10th 04, 01:41 PM
pigo

Look up "sportsmobile". They do the full, pop-top conversion models.

I've been looking at the pop-up truck campers lately. Comfort at the ski
area is one of the things that attracts me.

Old November 10th 04, 03:29 PM
Walt

rosco wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:
bdubya wrote:

My bartender has absinthe on the shelf. For a small fee, he'll add a
good dose of wormwood for authenticity. Wild.

Is drinking absinthe *really* different from, say,drinking grappa?
Is the buzz better? And what's this wormwood additive - is it real
wood? I'm confused.

Oscar Wilde on Absinthe:

"After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were.
After the second, you see things as they are not.
Finally you see things as they really are, and that
is the most horrible thing in the world."

JP
*******************
It's snowing here.

Bite me.

--
//-Walt
//
Old November 10th 04, 03:59 PM
Walt

The Real Bev wrote:
Jay Pique wrote:

For the exterior detailing and paint job, I'm all set.
It's going to look exactly like the A-Team van.

I assume...well, actually, I don't know what to assume. Lots of gold
chains, perhaps?

Of course it'll have gold chains. It's a *ski* vehicle, isn't it?

Gotta have those chains, and if you're gonna have chains, might as well
go first class.

--
//-Walt
//
Old November 23rd 04, 02:17 AM
MH

[...]

My friend and I were visiting Paris a couple of years ago and had a wild
night (not necessarily good-wild) night after drinking absinthe. Never
again.

Martha