Park City / Prospector Lodge Trip Report

Old February 5th 04, 09:33 PM
The Real Bev

Default Park City / Prospector Lodge Trip Report

"Mark T. Mueller" wrote:

The ONLY dark spot on the trip was the accomodations. We arranged travel
through MountainVacations.com, and I am not sure I would ever use them
again. We stayed at the Prospector Lodge, and I think it would be fair to
say we paid far more than what the room was worth... We documented the
following problems with the Prospector Lodge:

1) Bed had no mattress pad.
2) Bed sheets never changed during entire week.
3) Floor never vacuumed during entire week.
4) Shower stall never cleaned during entire week.
5) Irregular towel service (sometimes had to ask, sometimes no washclothes,
etc...)
6) Trash not removed every day.
7) Sidewalks never cleared, very icy, you couldn't even carry your bags from
Reception to our building without great difficulty (I hope if, god forbid,
someone gets hurt they sue, they deserve it!!!)
8) Broken window blinds, no drapes, very light in room at night.
9) Drinking glasses never cleaned or replaced, no coffee cups (even though
there was a coffee maker.)
10) No water for shower after skiing on 31 Jan and 1 Feb (entire building
did not have water.)
11) Furniture in disrepair (knobs on dressers fall off, drawers hard to
open.)
12) MountainVactions.com website states "4th night free valid November 22,
2003-January 11, 2004, January 25, 2004 - April 8, 2004", did not appear to
be reflected in the price we paid.

Except for the snow-related stuff, that sounds like the hotel we spent 2
weeks in in Paris because our business host had made the reservation.
In addition, we had drunken Algerian day-workers guffawing at
French-dubbed American cartoons just outside the room, over whom we had
to crawl if we wanted to take a bath down the hall, which we mostly
didn't after one of them barfed in the tub. In addition, the
bed"spring" was a sort of metal net with 4-point suspension and they
thriftily saved the price of pillowcases by folding the bottom sheet up
over the pillow and tucking it in. We also had to ask for extra toilet
paper if we used more than 5 sheets/person/day, and they were those
cheesy individual folded-up sheets that you sometimes find in public
restrooms.

The best thing about it was gobbling up all the morning croissants for
the entire floor before the rest of the guests woke up.

--
Cheers,
Bev

Old February 13th 04, 04:38 AM
The Real Bev

"Mark T. Mueller" wrote:

Interesting that my original post appears to have "disappeared" from the
server...

Curious...

Not really. Try a server with longer retention. It's still on the free
German server.

"The Real Bev" wrote in message
"Mark T. Mueller" wrote:

The ONLY dark spot on the trip was the accomodations. We arranged travel
through MountainVacations.com, and I am not sure I would ever use them
again....

--
Cheers,
Bev
"Tough? We drink our urine and eat our dead!"
-- N. Heilweil

Old February 14th 04, 04:23 AM
Chuck

"Mark T. Mueller" wrote in
:

"Mark T. Mueller" wrote:

[...]

It's showing up on the news.cis.dfn.de, but in a different thread with
the same subject.
--
Chuck
Remove "_nospam" to reply by email