Long Underwear

Old February 21st 09, 12:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
DZN

Default Long Underwear

I don't like anything in my ski boot but my foot and the thinnest ski sock I
can find. So, I let my long underwear bunch up at the top of my boot. It
occurred to me that other people must do this and then it occurred to me
that someone ought make long underwear the appropriate length (in women's
clothes I think this is called Capri length but don't know). I haven't
found any such long underwear and was wandering if anyone knows of any brand
that makes them.

Old February 21st 09, 01:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

DZN wrote:

I didn't write it the first time but am looking for MEN'S long underwear.

Got scissors? You don't actually need a hem, but you can make one easily if you
want one.

--
Cheers, Bev
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """
Old February 21st 09, 02:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

DZN wrote:

...bunch up at the top of my boot.

What's wrong with that? No harm, no foul.
Old February 21st 09, 12:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

"DZN" wrote in message
I don't like anything in my ski boot but my foot and the thinnest ski sock
I can find. So, I let my long underwear bunch up at the top of my boot.
It occurred to me that other people must do this and then it occurred to me
that someone ought make long underwear the appropriate length (in women's
clothes I think this is called Capri length but don't know). I haven't
found any such long underwear and was wandering if anyone knows of any
brand that makes them.

Dittos on that. I pull up the bottoms too.

And learn the difference between, "wandering," and, "wondering," or I
will have my minions hunt you down.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old February 21st 09, 05:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Mike Treseler[_2_]

The Real Bev wrote:
Got scissors? You don't actually need a hem,

Indeed.
Without the tight cuff, hiking long johns are fit to ski in.

-- Mike Treseler
Old February 22nd 09, 12:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

The Real Bev wrote:
Got scissors? You don't actually need a hem,

Indeed.
Without the tight cuff, hiking long johns are fit to ski in.

-- Mike Treseler

And I thought Bev had stork legs, and didn't need to cut off the
cuffs.

And vote for Palin-Arnold in 2012.

Old February 22nd 09, 01:24 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
Got scissors? You don't actually need a hem,

Indeed.
Without the tight cuff, hiking long johns are fit to ski in.

I just splurged (for Bev-ish values of 'splurge') on some Polarmax longies. $20
or so. Comfy, and the bottom isn't tight. Yeah, they're men's. The women's
were low-rise, which seems dumb unless you have low-rise ski pants.

And I thought Bev had stork legs, and didn't need to cut off the
cuffs.

Whatever made you think that? I have good legs, albeit a bit shorter than I'd
like. If they were longer I could ride a bigger motorcycle.

--
Cheers, Bev
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^
Old February 22nd 09, 10:47 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 18:24:37 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

And I thought Bev had stork legs, and didn't need to cut off the
cuffs.

Whatever made you think that? I have good legs, albeit a bit shorter than I'd
like. If they were longer I could ride a bigger motorcycle.

Do you ride your bicycle without handlebars?

I'm six foot tall, and have long legs. My long johns don't even reach
all the way down. I just pull them up a bit when putting on ski
boots. I'm left handed so I put my dagger in my left boot, on the
outside, and pull my pants over the boots.

Old February 22nd 09, 03:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Young Man Winter

On 2009-02-20 22:35:08 -0500, lal_truckee said:

DZN wrote:

...bunch up at the top of my boot.

What's wrong with that? No harm, no foul.

This Co. has what you want :

http://tinyurl.com/d62m89

Reliableracing.com

Search "Base Layers "

MENS UNDERWEAR [email protected] Alpine Skiing 5 June 17th 07 07:10 PM
Underwear kddonath Nordic Skiing 4 January 6th 06 02:29 AM
Non-cotton underwear DZN Alpine Skiing 53 December 18th 04 02:12 AM
Non-cotton underwear DZN Alpine Skiing (moderated) 5 December 13th 04 02:50 PM
RSN Ski Racing Tip of the Day - Beware of Your Underwear! Tim Kelley Nordic Skiing 0 November 12th 04 06:04 PM