Any Aussies/Kiwis here?

Old July 11th 05, 02:20 AM
Potblak

Default Any Aussies/Kiwis here?

I'm sure our North American friends won't mind us posting reports of all the
lovely snow we've got down here in Vegemite Country.
Any Aus or NZ reports?
I'm from Melbourne but plan a trip end of this month to Mt Ruapehu.
Any reports from there will be appreciated, too!

Old July 11th 05, 06:29 PM
Sam Seiber

Potblak wrote:

I'm sure our North American friends won't mind us posting reports of all the
lovely snow we've got down here in Vegemite Country.

This North American would love to read some down under ski reports.
With things
getting to be mid 90's (degrees F) everyday (Denver CO), some cold
reading would help.

Any Aus or NZ reports?
I'm from Melbourne but plan a trip end of this month to Mt Ruapehu.
Any reports from there will be appreciated, too!

Sheez, it is nearing 20 years ago when I logged turns in NZ & AUS.
Where
does the time go?

Meanwhile....

Sam "15 weeks to go for the Loveland season open (seems like forever)"
Seiber

Time is a funny critter indeed.

Old July 19th 05, 09:44 PM
Potblak

Well I'm not in NZ yet, but I was at Mt Hotham Victoria on Friday.
What a great day!
Almost everything open; no bare patches except on Sundowner, which always
gets brown by midday; wind was light; and earlier in the day we even got
some sunshine.

Old July 25th 05, 09:34 PM

I'm British, but just got back from a snowboarding trip to Ruapehu.
Weather was a bit ropey for the first week or so, mountain closed
completely on 2 days, a couple of days with rain and slushy snow. But
the last week was considerably better and improving all the time. They
were steadily opening more runs as the snow clover icnreased and the
snow was much nicer by the time I left.

My first time on snow and I really enjoyed it, just wish I could have
stayed another week to practice my new skills some