Winter Jacket

Old November 20th 04, 01:49 AM
The Real Bev

Mary Malmros wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

Mary Malmros wrote:

rosco wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

Lucky wrote:

"rosco" wrote:

And just

taking a pull off the JD in the am on the way to the lifts was the best
way to deal with a hangover.

What the hell is a JD ?
and what are you sucking on ?

A JD (Juris Doctor) is a lawyer. If you want to suck on one, I guess
that's your business. HTH. HAND.

Bev, Bev, Beverly. And I thought you were such the party girl. The
disappointment flows from my heart like Jagermeister at 40 below.

Well, I had some Bailey's at my mom's a few weeks ago. Does that ease
your pain, or do I have to finish the bottle and vomit on my shoes? I
once vomited in the gutter, but that was a long time ago and besides,
the Frenchman who accused me of speaking French like a Dutchman is dead.

She may or may not be a party girl, but clearly she's no lady!

Can you be a biker chick if you ride your own bike?

Does the monthly lunch with some friends and their mothers count as a
party? Or anything involving a cake with fewer than 20 candles?

Not "lunch", Bev -- ladies call it "luncheon", and if there aren't
watercress sandwiches, it don't qualify.

Careful, Bev, next you'll be using the f-word, thereby discrediting
anything you might ever have to say in the future the teaching of
skiing to children. People, excuse me, ladies, excuse me, _females_ who
have ever used the f-word, anywhere, clearly know nothing about
teaching skiing to children.

Well, I've heard the f-word used, but I don't know what it means! I
gave my big grandspawn (16 at the time) a few hints after his first
snowboard lesson based on what I've read here, and he managed to stay up
without falling for a few hundred yards. ****in' A! Did I say that
right?

Yeah, so forget the watercress sandwiches. I hear they really suck,
anyway.

They're OK, but cucumber sandwiches are, surprisingly, better. The only
reason I know this is that my daughter took her daughter, me, and my
mother to High Tea at the Huntington Library last Mother's Day. I
actually enjoyed it. They really do make good sandwiches, even if they
are small. The good thing is that they don't count how many you eat.
I'm bringing a bigger purse next time.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old November 20th 04, 02:04 AM
Richard Henry

"The Real Bev" wrote in message

They're OK, but cucumber sandwiches are, surprisingly, better. The only
reason I know this is that my daughter took her daughter, me, and my
mother to High Tea at the Huntington Library last Mother's Day. I
actually enjoyed it. They really do make good sandwiches, even if they
are small. The good thing is that they don't count how many you eat.
I'm bringing a bigger purse next time.

Cucumbers make an interesting food. Their energy value is less than the
energy required to eat and digest them. Sort of like crunchy water.

I know it's true, because I saw it on the 'net.

Old November 20th 04, 03:42 AM
The Real Bev

Richard Henry wrote:

"The Real Bev" wrot:

They're OK, but cucumber sandwiches are, surprisingly, better. The only
reason I know this is that my daughter took her daughter, me, and my
mother to High Tea at the Huntington Library last Mother's Day. I
actually enjoyed it. They really do make good sandwiches, even if they
are small. The good thing is that they don't count how many you eat.
I'm bringing a bigger purse next time.

Cucumbers make an interesting food. Their energy value is less than the
energy required to eat and digest them. Sort of like crunchy water.

Celery too. Why can't chocolate and cheesecake be that way?

I know it's true, because I saw it on the 'net.

I heard it somewhere else too, so it's guaranteed to be true.

--
Cheers,
Bev