Some wicked backcountry boarding in the Scottish Highlands

Old November 11th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
geoffers

Default Some wicked backcountry boarding in the Scottish Highlands

Who says there's never any snow in Scotland...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_5lf...elated&search=

Old November 13th 06, 08:45 AM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Peter Clinch

geoffers wrote:
Who says there's never any snow in Scotland...

Not me, last year was the best for snow here since the Foot & Mouth
outbreak that made access for touring a Total Pain...

It would be nice if there was a bit less wind at times, though! The
shots on Glas Maol showed the wind very well ;-/

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old November 19th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
geoffers

Peter Clinch wrote:
last year was the best for snow here since the Foot & Mouth
outbreak that made access for touring a Total Pain...

Yeah - had 2 great tours in March and late April -

Have a look at these if you're interested

http://www.winterhighland.info/touring/index.php?50,183
http://www.winterhighland.info/touring/index.php?50,105

Cheers, Geoff

Old November 20th 06, 09:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Peter Clinch

geoffers wrote:

Yeah - had 2 great tours in March and late April -

Have a look at these if you're interested

http://www.winterhighland.info/touring/index.php?50,183
http://www.winterhighland.info/touring/index.php?50,105

Great stuff! Now armed with a wee bombproof digital camera so will
hopefully get some more pictorial records made this coming year.
There's /some/ snow down already, I see from the forecasts, and I've
just booked a week in Seefeld just after new year, so I'm feeling good
about the coming skiing...

Pete.