OEC Test for NSP

Old November 6th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Airshowguy

Default OEC Test for NSP

My class of 15 is two weeks away from completing the OEC course.

The practical and written tests are coming up and we would sincerely
appreciate any help, guidance, previous study guides, gouge on this
year's written/practical scenarios, etc...

If any recent or even past patrollers/candidates would care to assist
us, please contact me via this board or directly at:
bkspublic-at-yahoo-com

Thanks!

Old November 6th 06, 03:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Trailpatrol

Airshowguy wrote:
If any recent or even past patrollers/candidates would care to assist
us, please contact me via this board or directly at:
bkspublic-at-yahoo-com

Thanks!

ASG-
Check out the "Patrol Shack" forum section at EpicSki.com. There was
another patroller in the same situation as you and a lot of veteran
patrollers supplied information...his whole class passed.

The URL is
"http://forums.epicski.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=100&f=45"

Good luck,
Hans
www.trailpatrol.org

Old November 7th 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry

Know your scene safety, ABCs, SAMPLE, radio protocol, primary and
secondary surveys. Know how to apply triangles, quick splints, c/spine
and traction devices. Talk everything out loud so there's no doubt for
the instructors just how much you're doing and thinking along the way.

If you want a study guide, you might look at the OECZone website where
you're likely to find a downloadable study guide for this years' OEC
refresher. Just keep in mind it only covers a portion of the
curriculum since the refreshers go in 3-year cycles.

Perhaps you're making more out of this than you need to. This isn't
like college where you bum some of last semester's exams from your
fraternity buddy. Just know your stuff, do a good job, and be open to
the debrief where you discuss strong and weak points and can even talk
through things you messed up so that it's clear that you learned during
the scenario.

test DPM Alpine Skiing 3 March 13th 05 01:53 AM
Vincent Vittoz failed a drug test SebB Nordic Skiing 0 February 4th 05 06:11 PM
20040820130423-56618: Bruno's email submission test 2 Brian Edmonds Alpine Skiing (moderated) 0 August 23rd 04 02:22 PM
[MODPOL] Test klaus Alpine Skiing (moderated) 0 February 2nd 04 07:54 PM
Q: Skating ski flex test alexmal Nordic Skiing 0 December 1st 03 01:33 PM