Remoulding thirtytwo boot liners

Old January 19th 05, 09:33 PM
Jay

Default Remoulding thirtytwo boot liners

Hi,

Anyone know the temperature you need to remould 32 boot liners? Can't seem
to find anyone around here who does it.

Cheers,

Jay.

Old January 19th 05, 10:05 PM
Dmitry

"Jay" wrote

Anyone know the temperature you need to remould 32 boot liners? Can't seem to find anyone around here who does it.

250F for 10 minutes (oven). If you've never seen it done, I'd suggest
you find someone who did before trying. You have about 3-5 attempts,
and with each attempt liners loose a bit of their expansion and also become
a bit stiffer (or that's what I was told).

Don't forget you'll need something to put on your toes (like a
little foam pouch) to make a toebox when you mold 'em. It will be
uncomfortable if you don't do it right.

Old January 19th 05, 10:26 PM
Mike T

You have about 3-5 attempts,
and with each attempt liners loose a bit of their expansion and also
become
a bit stiffer (or that's what I was told).

I've experienced this, you can somewhat ofeets this effect by heating them
warmer and longer each time.

Don't forget you'll need something to put on your toes (like a
little foam pouch) to make a toebox when you mold 'em. It will be
uncomfortable if you don't do it right.

An old towel or washcloth, cut to size, and duct-taped makes a great toe
cap.

Mike T

Old January 20th 05, 01:43 PM
Neil Gendzwill

Here's some instructions from one of the resellers of Intuition and
Deeluxe liners: http://www.yyzcanuck.com/E_tech_cooking.htm

Neil

Old January 20th 05, 03:47 PM
todd

I had mine done in the shop twice in the 32 oven they provide for
shops. Nothing to intricate here and never had a toebox made. I'd
just put my insoles inside my socks, as noted. Heat the insole, put it
in the boot, slide in your socked foot, lace, wait. Oh yeah, he also
had me stand on these little toe ramps while the insole was setting.
Maybe that helped get the foot in position, either way, it was just a
wedge not more than 2 inches thick at the wide end, shoved under the
toe of the boot. stood on it.

Old February 1st 05, 06:39 AM
Jay

"todd" wrote in message
ups.com...
I had mine done in the shop twice in the 32 oven they provide for
shops. Nothing to intricate here and never had a toebox made. I'd
just put my insoles inside my socks, as noted. Heat the insole, put it
in the boot, slide in your socked foot, lace, wait. Oh yeah, he also
had me stand on these little toe ramps while the insole was setting.
Maybe that helped get the foot in position, either way, it was just a
wedge not more than 2 inches thick at the wide end, shoved under the
toe of the boot. stood on it.

Thanks guys. I had the boots done in the shop when I first got them so I
know roughly the routine.

I did them using the oven and it seemed to work ok. Not nearly as much
expansion as in the shop but it's improved the fit. The oven temp seemed ok
(checked with a cheapo thermometer) and I left them in for 10 mins at 125C.
Maybe it should have been a bit hotter?

I used toe warmers inside the socks as a toebox and that worked well.
Actually better than when the shop did it.

Jay.