Okemo or Loon

Old October 30th 10, 09:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Default Okemo or Loon

On Oct 30, 1:25*pm, VtSkier wrote:
On 10/30/2010 01:06 PM, lal_truckee wrote:

On 10/30/10 8:28 AM, jovii wrote:

We finally decided that Okemo is were we are going this year. There
were concerns about crowds and the hotel we are staying at, but when
dealing with a group of 10 families you can't please everyone.

Thanks to all for the advice and recommendations given.

10 families? You are one brave (or maybe foolish) skier to volunteer to
organize a trip for that many.

Hope everyone has a fun holiday.

Actually I think you made a pretty good choice. Loon can be a
little hard core. At least that was my impression when I went
way back when.

At Okemo, everyone will be just a little disappointed except
those who like blue groomers. Okemo will make all of you look
like heroes. Every one will have really good time. I'd be
surprised if anyone gets hurt. Okemo is just best at
slope maintenance.

Now, Killington isn't far away, in fact, you can get to Skye
Ship Base on Route 4 in well under a half hour from Ludlow/
Okemo. So, if Okemo bores some of you too much, take a day
trip to Killington. It's big and it's not boring. If you are
having trouble finding the good stuff, look for someone in
a red parka which has a white patch on the back with an
"i" character (for information). Or just take our tour.
10 AM from Snowshed at the sign between the buildings.

Hey, with any luck, you can meet someone who will threaten your life
and promise to shoot you and your family, and Richard Walsh will give
the killer directions to your accomodations.
After all, when a sick freak threatened to kill me, this disgusting
coward printed my home address to help him out.
I hope your family thinks being threatened by a killer who has his own
local guide to be lots of good fun! Dickless Walsh sure had fun when
he did it to me!!!!
Old October 31st 10, 03:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Oct 30, 6:02*am, Dick G wrote:
On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 09:12:24 -0700 (PDT), jovii
wrote:

On Oct 23, 11:04*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
On Oct 22, 7:49*am, jovii wrote:

Hi all,

* *I'm planning a trip for my group are our choices have come down to
Okemo or Loon. *I've heard both good and bad things about each area
but the biggest concern is crowds on the slopes. *We will be there for
Presidents weekend but will be skiing on fri/sat. *I'm sure the
biggest crowds will be on sat/sun. Has anyone been to these places on
prior Presidents weekends. If so, how are the crowds. *I've skied
places where you wait for 1/2 hour on the lift line, which is
unacceptable, but if the wait is only 10 minutes that is tolerable.

* Also has anyone stayed at the Pointe Hotel in Okema or the River
Green Resort in Loon.

Any comments about these ski areas or hotels is greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Joe V

How did you come down to choosing those two places out of all the
choices within driving distance of both?

PS: *ignore the man behind the curtain.

We always try to find a different place to ski each year. *Stowe was
our 1st choice but too expensive. *One person recommended Okemo and we
found a place to stay when someone read reviews about long lift lines
and panic set in. So I recommended Loon where I skied years ago and
enjoyed it.

*I know there are other places to go but I'm not running the show,
just trying to help a panicking sister-in-law .
We finally are back to Okemo as our ski destination for this year.

I would bet that VT Skier knows the area best, followed by Richard or
Walt (cant remember one of you grew up in VT?). Okemo is ok, nothing
spectacular by any means. It comes by the name of Slowkemo very
honestly. Trails are ok, there are a few DD's that are fun. Skiing
Jackson felt like purgatory to me- Hide quoted text -

I grew up in Vt/NH in the 60's, and never got south of Sugarbush and
Waterville Valley.

More Hilarious Shit From our Loon Scottum Alpine Skiing 165 April 10th 10 02:04 PM
lodging at okemo hoops Alpine Skiing 4 December 4th 05 04:40 PM
What's better Gore or Okemo ? Ron - NY Alpine Skiing 9 January 4th 05 08:45 PM
loon new hampshire pp North American Ski Resorts 0 February 3rd 04 02:38 AM
Okemo? Robert Alpine Skiing 1 December 20th 03 11:15 AM