New Keystone Gondola ?

Old November 21st 15, 09:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default New Keystone Gondola ?

The Keystone webcam site talks about the "New Gondola". Does anyone know what they are talking about? I hadn't heard, seen, or read anything about a new Keystone gondola!
Old November 22nd 15, 03:22 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 1:47:32 PM UTC-8, wrote:
The Keystone webcam site talks about the "New Gondola". Does anyone know what they are talking about? I hadn't heard, seen, or read anything about a new Keystone gondola!

Any new lifts anywhere this year?
Old November 22nd 15, 06:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 11/21/2015 07:22 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 1:47:32 PM UTC-8, wrote:
The Keystone webcam site talks about the "New Gondola". Does anyone know what they are talking about? I hadn't heard, seen, or read anything about a new Keystone gondola!

Any new lifts anywhere this year?

Brian Head.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old November 22nd 15, 08:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_3_]

On 22/11/2015 04:22, Richard Henry wrote:
On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 1:47:32 PM UTC-8, wrote:
The Keystone webcam site talks about the "New Gondola". Does anyone know what they are talking about? I hadn't heard, seen, or read anything about a new Keystone gondola!

Any new lifts anywhere this year?

Trois Vallees.

Old November 22nd 15, 08:24 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_3_]

wrote:
The Keystone webcam site talks about the "New Gondola". Does anyone
know what they are talking about? I hadn't heard, seen, or read
anything about a new Keystone gondola!

Any new lifts anywhere this year?

Trois Vallees.

And I just came across this (new, but replaces an older lift):
http://www.lovecourmayeur.com/en/lift-systems/new-mont-blanc-cable-car

Old November 22nd 15, 03:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 8:22:31 PM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:
On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 1:47:32 PM UTC-8, wrote:
The Keystone webcam site talks about the "New Gondola". Does anyone know what they are talking about? I hadn't heard, seen, or read anything about a new Keystone gondola!

Any new lifts anywhere this year?

Park City and the Crayons have combined. New lifts to make that happen.
Old November 23rd 15, 02:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 2:47:32 PM UTC-7, wrote:
The Keystone webcam site talks about the "New Gondola". Does anyone know what they are talking about? I hadn't heard, seen, or read anything about a new Keystone gondola!

They upgraded River Run from six to eight passengers.
Old November 23rd 15, 05:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

I looked up the trail map - that's huge. How much did they add to what both resorts had before?

I have managed to ski every lift at Mammoth in a day (full disclosure - some were closed, and I avoided the kiddie lifts). I don't think I could do that at the big Park City.
Old November 24th 15, 03:18 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

OK I get it, not a new gondola lift, just new cabins. Thanx for the info.

Old November 24th 15, 03:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Monday, November 23, 2015 at 10:51:49 AM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:
I looked up the trail map - that's huge. How much did they add to what both resorts had before?

I have managed to ski every lift at Mammoth in a day (full disclosure - some were closed, and I avoided the kiddie lifts). I don't think I could do that at the big Park City.

I haven't skied there in ages. There was a pretty big ridge between the two across from the King Con area that's been open as part of PC. And then a fairly large area I only went into via helicopter between there and the Crayons. Most of that only had pitch in the upper areas. It could be "skiable" if it were cut and groomed, idk. It sure is BIG though. Pity it came after my time. I golfed this weekend :-)