Email for Len of Jenex? I need some 125 tech help...

Old November 18th 03, 11:27 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default Email for Len of Jenex? I need some 125 tech help...

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:45:23 -0500, Jeff Potter
wrote:

I had some q's for Len and emailed him at the two addresses I had

I don't think he wants email. He has that bit on his website claiming
responding to email takes too long with back and forth, while a phone
call is quicker. I don't agree -- or at least he could use his
website and questions he gets by email to put up answers to commonly
asked questions and save everyone some trouble.

JT
NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com
Old November 19th 03, 01:21 AM
Marsh Jones

Jeff Potter wrote:
I had some q's for Len and emailed him at the two addresses I had (one
is the website contact). Both bounced. Anyone have a good one?

Here's what I'm after: I'm finding that axle-liner length and rim or
inner spacer widths vary across the various 125 wheels. I'm finding that
one of my new split rims fits into the wheel 'forks' quite tightly---and
so hardly rolls after the bolt is snugged down. The other wheels fit
exactly. I haven't checked if it's the rim width or inner spacer widths
which are varying, but I know I have two sizes of axle liners. Anyone
have any data for this kind of thing and is it important? Thanks.

--

Jeff Potter
****

Jeff, I've had *no* problems with the SRs going together. Pop the
inserts from your old wheels and use them - they're identical. I'd look
at either a bearing not seating, or something else. The tires are POS,
but the spacers and stuff have been dead on.

Marsh

Old November 19th 03, 04:43 AM
Serge

Looks like the space between bearings is a little to big and the
spacer is too short. No doubt comes from split rim design.

How difficult it is to "jam" wheel in to fork does not really matter
- the bolt pressure is so much greater.

Find a paper - thin washer that you can put on spacer next to bearing
inside
the wheel and see what happens. Let me know if this helps.

My rollerskis have Alu. wheels that are just a little too wide and the
washer was inside between bearing and spacer!
If i remove washer I get a slow wheel, just like you do.

I am now using Millennium rollerskis w/standard 8mm skate axle set up
-
no headache, all the skate spacers that come in 3 lengths can be used
and
I can make any wheel fast or slow depending on spacer size.

I am sure there will be plenty of people who ether object what I am
doing
or do not understand or both.