FIRST TIME SKIING - COURCHEVEL IN FRANCE

Old February 1st 04, 07:11 AM
kegs

Default FIRST TIME SKIING - COURCHEVEL IN FRANCE

I am taking my 13 year old on a skiing trip to Courchevel in April.

Both have never skied before but are are having lessons on a nearby
dry slope before we go.

Has anybody been there and could offer advice or where to eat, things
to do and avoid, etc.

Any useful websites would be handy
Old February 1st 04, 07:14 PM
no-one

Well you need to be more specific about where you are going, there are three
/ four different resorts called Courchevel, which height of resort are you
heading for?

m...

Old February 2nd 04, 02:44 PM
Robert Rees

"kegs" wrote in message

I am taking my 13 year old on a skiing trip to Courchevel in April.

Both have never skied before but are are having lessons on a nearby
dry slope before we go.

Has anybody been there and could offer advice or where to eat, things
to do and avoid, etc.

There are two excellent British run ski schools in Courchevel. These
will be a much better option for you than the ESF. You can find their
websites at:
http://www.skinewgen.com/
http://www.supremeski.co.uk/

Regards

Rob

Old February 2nd 04, 03:06 PM
Bill Seddon

"Robert Rees" wrote in message
news:4a5b05d519ff7462817d72c1c96cc7c6.50333@mygate .mailgate.org...
"kegs" wrote in message

I am taking my 13 year old on a skiing trip to Courchevel in April.

Both have never skied before but are are having lessons on a nearby
dry slope before we go.

Has anybody been there and could offer advice or where to eat, things
to do and avoid, etc.

There are two excellent British run ski schools in Courchevel. These
will be a much better option for you than the ESF. You can find their
websites at:
http://www.skinewgen.com/
http://www.supremeski.co.uk/

Regards

Also www.magicinmotion.co.uk we had group sizes of 3 and 4 over Christmas,
excellent for the kids.

Bar le Jump does reasonably priced lunchtime nosh, just opposite the Forum
centre near the lifts.

Bill