On mixing and matching Fluoros for high school racers

Old January 3rd 05, 01:28 AM
Ty in Burlington

Default On mixing and matching Fluoros for high school racers

Well, bit the bullet and bought a few various fluoro waxes for my son
to race on this winter. I've various things to try--Solda UF7.
apparently sort of a universal LF wax, a few Toko and Swix LFs, some
WetJet rub on, etc. But what intrigues me--at least according to the
concept/pitch--are the DrD homemade fluoros on racewax.com. I did try
some of his lower quality "FluoroMax Warm", with 30% fluoros in it,
which he compares to the HF lines, at a far cheaper price, necessarily,
with no advertising, team supports, packaging costs, dollar/Euro, etc.

Has anyone experience with this? (Excuse me if this is an old thread,
I'm a newb to this board.) And while I don't believe in swapping
around kick waxes, as it's hard enough for me to get this, I also hear
from some that it's inadvisable to mix different lines of glide waxes.
One explanation is that Toko/Swix add their fluoros in by a chemical
process, whereas the lowercost DrD waxes are done physically by
grinding them into the cheaper base wax physically. Any chemists out
there?

All I can say is that in my limited testing this year, virtually all of
the fluoros flew in comparison to my old standard HC type wax. Thanks
in advance for all advice, Ty