How long is the new Warren Miller movie?

Old November 4th 03, 11:21 PM
Dave Stallard

Default How long is the new Warren Miller movie?

So, they're showing it on Thursday, but the only available showing is at
10 PM - the 7 PM is sold out. Anybody know how long it is? I don't
feel like getting out of the theater at 1 AM.

Dave
Old November 5th 03, 01:28 PM
Chester Bullock

Dave Stallard wrote:
So, they're showing it on Thursday, but the only available showing is at
10 PM - the 7 PM is sold out. Anybody know how long it is? I don't
feel like getting out of the theater at 1 AM.

Dave

The last several of them have run right around 90 minutes, with a 5 or
10 minute intermission, plus the intro. Warren is supposed to be at the
ones in Denver next week, so the intro here may take longer.

--
Chester Bullock,
Ethical, custom website hosting, design and programming

Old November 5th 03, 04:38 PM
pigo

"Chester Bullock" wrote in message
Dave Stallard wrote:
So, they're showing it on Thursday, but the only available showing

is at
10 PM - the 7 PM is sold out. Anybody know how long it is? I don't
feel like getting out of the theater at 1 AM.

Dave

The last several of them have run right around 90 minutes, with a 5 or
10 minute intermission, plus the intro. Warren is supposed to be at

the
ones in Denver next week, so the intro here may take longer.

If you don't have time to see it I can tell you what happens.

There will be some guys on skis making huge jumps but all the "landings"
will be cut off. There will be some footage of snowboarders doing what
they do best (maybe even some women) but they'll probably cut out the
moneyshot. There will be some footage of guys stuck on a chairlift,
riding the wheel and falling as they come down the ramp, and another of
a guy wrapped in aluminum foil pretending to be magnetic. There will be
some lame, old, jokes and many beginners there thinking that they are
the first to see or think of any of this

Old November 5th 03, 04:45 PM
Dave Stallard

pigo wrote:

There will be some guys on skis making huge jumps but all the "landings"
will be cut off. There will be some footage of snowboarders doing what
they do best (maybe even some women) but they'll probably cut out the
moneyshot. There will be some footage of guys stuck on a chairlift,
riding the wheel and falling as they come down the ramp, and another of
a guy wrapped in aluminum foil pretending to be magnetic. There will be
some lame, old, jokes and many beginners there thinking that they are
the first to see or think of any of this

Yeah, I know, but I just want to go to a Warren Miller movie opening
because I've never been to one before. And I've never seen any of his
movies on a big screen, just my TV.

Dave
Old November 5th 03, 04:45 PM
Chester Bullock

Dave Stallard wrote:

[...]

Well, here in Denver at least, it is a really fun time. The crowd
totally gets into it and makes it a giant party atmosphere.

Old November 5th 03, 05:20 PM
lal_truckee

pigo wrote:

If you don't have time to see it I can tell you what happens.

There will be some guys on skis making huge jumps but all the "landings"
will be cut off. There will be some footage of snowboarders doing what
they do best (maybe even some women) but they'll probably cut out the
moneyshot. There will be some footage of guys stuck on a chairlift,
riding the wheel and falling as they come down the ramp, and another of
a guy wrapped in aluminum foil pretending to be magnetic. There will be
some lame, old, jokes and many beginners there thinking that they are
the first to see or think of any of this

Miller's provides a chance to share memories with generations of past
skiers. I'm sure he knows it, but it doesn't hurt to thank him anyway,
so here goes (I doubt he's listening, but what the hell) -

Thanks Warren! Your movies are an important component of ski continuity.
Don't change a thing. And by the way, please teach one of your kids to
do the "Warren Voice Over Voice" so the tradition will continue after
you retire.

I love tradition.

And I think the "No Skis Shorter Than 200cm" signs should return to the
top of mogul fields. Seriously.

Old November 5th 03, 09:59 PM
Jay Pique

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 10:20:22 -0800, lal_truckee
wrote:

And I think the "No Skis Shorter Than 200cm" signs should return to the
top of mogul fields. Seriously.

I'm game......I think. I've got a nice pair of optic
pink/yellow/orange K2 Extremes in 203cm that I actually learned how to
bump on. Haven't ridden them in years now, so I'd be interested to
see how I handled them!

JP
******************
To old to be hip, to young to be retro.
Old November 6th 03, 12:04 AM
ant

lal_truckee wrote:
pigo wrote:

and another of a guy wrapped in aluminum foil
pretending to be magnetic.

What?! What's that all about?! I haven't been to a warren miller in ages,
not since the snowriders one, I think. there was a lot of snowboarder stuff
in that, and snowboarder music, and I sort-of lost interest. Saw a lot of
the 80s and 90s ones on TV and enjoyed those. I LOVE the chairlift unload
sequences!

Thanks Warren! Your movies are an important component of ski
continuity. Don't change a thing. And by the way, please teach one of
your kids to do the "Warren Voice Over Voice" so the tradition will
continue after you retire.

They do this pre-season warren film in Oz, too. Gets all the skiiers psyched
for the upcoming fun. I rather like Warren's voiceovers.

And I think the "No Skis Shorter Than 200cm" signs should return to
the top of mogul fields. Seriously.

gawd, watching those guys in the 80s films, can they still walk? Do their
knees still work? seriously! They are leaning so far back, their ligaments
must be like worn-out underpants elastic.

ant

Old November 6th 03, 12:50 AM
The Real Bev

ant wrote:

They are leaning so far back, their ligaments
must be like worn-out underpants elastic.

You bought Hanes too, huh? I'm thinking of cutting off those elastics
and mailing them to the president. Of Hanes, not the US. I don't think
GWB would be interested in them, although Clinton might.

--
Cheers,Bev
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo
Old November 7th 03, 07:29 AM
ant

The Real Bev wrote:
ant wrote:

They are leaning so far back, their ligaments
must be like worn-out underpants elastic.

You bought Hanes too, huh? I'm thinking of cutting off those elastics
and mailing them to the president. Of Hanes, not the US. I don't
think GWB would be interested in them, although Clinton might.

They're not lasting very well, those Hanes. Their tracky Dacks are OK
though.

I am not going to even think about mailing my undies to GW!

ant