Early Winter in Colorado

Old September 12th 03, 02:21 AM
Steve Dufour

Default Early Winter in Colorado

Snow blankets high country
Winter comes to the mountains

Aspen Times via AP
A pedestrian leaves tracks in freshly fallen snow in Aspen this
morning.

By Susan Wells and Paola Farer, 9NEWS

A round of storms is bringing winter driving conditions to the high
country and flash flood watches to western Colorado.

A chain law went into effect today for all semi trucks headed
eastbound over Vail Pass. A mixture of snow and rain made I-70
treacherous, especially for vehicles without snow tires.

The skies cleared around noon and the restriction was lifted. But
9NEWS forecaster Kathy Sabine said to expect more snow showers on and
off during the day.

As a new line of storms moved into the western part of the state this
morning, a severe thunder storm warning was posted for Grand Junction.
About 200 people living in west Glenwood Springs were on alert for
possible mudslides in an area where the Coal Seam wildfire stripped
hillsides bare last summer.

The Garfield County Sheriff's Office said that they were paying close
attention to levels in Mitchell Creek.

There was light snow falling up at the Eisenhower Tunnel that later
turned to rain.

Sabine predicted that another two or three inches of snow will fall
above 10,000 feet today. She said up to five inches are possible above
12,000 feet.

In southwestern Colorado, the San Juan peaks got five to 10 inches of
snow overnight. A winter storm advisory was posted for northwestern
Colorado.

More rain is expected to fall this afternoon in the metro area, 9NEWS
forecasters said. Thursday the weather will clear and then another
round of storms will move in Saturday. Sunday should be dry.

For more details, video, live pictures and severe-weather alerts, go
to 9NEWS.com.
Old September 12th 03, 04:06 AM
David Ball

On 11 Sep 2003 19:21:22 -0700, (Steve Dufour)
wrote:

[...]

Amazing!! You do realize that snow can fall at high elevations
year-round don't you?
Old September 12th 03, 03:11 PM
Steve Dufour

[...]

Yes. Cool isn't it? BTW I've heard it said that global warming could
lead to more snowfall since there would be more evaporation of the
oceans and more water in the air.
Old September 13th 03, 01:22 AM
James

"Steve Dufour" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Cold weather stories confirm global warming. Hot weather stories are more
popular, confirm global warming and have an added fear factor. Even normal
weather confirms global warming. LOL

Old September 13th 03, 07:45 AM
Steve Dufour

Amazing!! You do realize that snow can fall at high elevations
year-round don't you?

Yes. Cool isn't it? BTW I've heard it said that global warming could
lead to more snowfall since there would be more evaporation of the
oceans and more water in the air.

Cold weather stories confirm global warming. Hot weather stories are more
popular, confirm global warming and have an added fear factor. Even normal
weather confirms global warming. LOL

Global warming could lead to an ice age.
Old September 13th 03, 10:53 AM
Bob Harrington

Steve Dufour wrote:
Amazing!! You do realize that snow can fall at high elevations
year-round don't you?

Yes. Cool isn't it? BTW I've heard it said that global warming
could lead to more snowfall since there would be more evaporation
of the oceans and more water in the air.

Cold weather stories confirm global warming. Hot weather stories are
more popular, confirm global warming and have an added fear factor.
Even normal weather confirms global warming. LOL

Global warming could lead to an ice age.

Washing cars leads to rain...

Old September 13th 03, 05:07 PM
Steve Dufour

Global warming could lead to an ice age.

Washing cars leads to rain...

No, you have to drive them to do that.
Old September 13th 03, 11:31 PM
CowPunk©

wrote:

Snow blankets high country
Winter comes to the mountains

I'd say only about a week early. It's time to start snowing at those
elevations and latitudes.

Cow

P.S. I'm all for it!
Old September 15th 03, 09:49 AM

Thank you but no thank you. I believe I will stay at home in SC.

Out town locks up at the hint of 32 degrees and possible sssnow. We just
don't have the equipment to deal with that white stuff.

Old September 15th 03, 03:11 PM
Steve Dufour

Thank you but no thank you. I believe I will stay at home in SC.

Out town locks up at the hint of 32 degrees and possible sssnow. We just
don't have the equipment to deal with that white stuff.

I guess you don't have much good skiing there.