snow

Old February 13th 14, 04:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Default snow

We are getting blasted here on the east coast.
Trails that I have never seen open at Tuxedo are.
But willing to bet that this snow storm kills the races at Belleayre
this weekend. Rumor has it we are due another storm friday night.
It will be a wax for new snow edges not ice sharp.
The course is going to rut up like the cross bronx expressway after a
snow storm.
Old February 13th 14, 04:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 2/13/14 8:19 AM, downhill wrote:

But willing to bet that this snow storm kills the races at Belleayre
this weekend. Rumor has it we are due another storm friday night.

Get out of the gates and into the soft. Use your trainer GS skis.
Old February 13th 14, 05:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

lal_truckee wrote:
On 2/13/14 8:19 AM, downhill wrote:

But willing to bet that this snow storm kills the races at Belleayre
this weekend. Rumor has it we are due another storm friday night.

Get out of the gates and into the soft. Use your trainer GS skis.

Do not define my skis that way.
have
GS 170- 174-181 lengths

I use my rock skis as training/utility skis 165 atomic sx
Old February 13th 14, 05:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

lal_truckee wrote:
On 2/13/14 8:19 AM, downhill wrote:

But willing to bet that this snow storm kills the races at Belleayre
this weekend. Rumor has it we are due another storm friday night.

Get out of the gates and into the soft. Use your trainer GS skis.

What is criteria for trainer skis label?
Old February 13th 14, 06:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 2/13/14 9:49 AM, downhill wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
On 2/13/14 8:19 AM, downhill wrote:

But willing to bet that this snow storm kills the races at Belleayre
this weekend. Rumor has it we are due another storm friday night.

Get out of the gates and into the soft. Use your trainer GS skis.

What is criteria for trainer skis label?

Serious racers have two identical pair each of GS and SL, one pair for
training, one for race day. Trainer pair gets broken down and softened
faster, so last year's GS trainer pair becomes an easy turning soft pair
of skis good for powder days and year before's training pair is a good
junker/rock ski. Race day's skis usually get little use and can
sometimes be sold for real money.

If you look through swaps, recycles, garage sales, etc in the right
neighborhoods you'll see felt pen notes or stickers identifying
race/train pairs.

Helps if your kid is semi-sponsored, otherwise multiple pairs of
identical skis and bindings add up. Also you get his old skis handed
down each fall. Good deal, but he's got to get his FIS ranking up before
they'll notice him.
Old February 13th 14, 07:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

lal_truckee wrote:
Serious racers have two identical pair each of GS and SL, one pair for
training, one for race day. Trainer pair gets broken down and softened
faster, so last year's GS trainer pair becomes an easy turning soft pair
of skis good for powder days and year before's training pair is a good
junker/rock ski. Race day's skis usually get little use and can
sometimes be sold for real money.

If you look through swaps, recycles, garage sales, etc in the right
neighborhoods you'll see felt pen notes or stickers identifying
race/train pairs.

Helps if your kid is semi-sponsored, otherwise multiple pairs of
identical skis and bindings add up. Also you get his old skis handed
down each fall. Good deal, but he's got to get his FIS ranking up before
they'll notice him.

Thank you

thought that was going to be the answer

We are not in the right neighborhood on LI you have a better chance of
getting lacrosse or sailing stuff.

My son hates to train or practice he only likes to play games.
Old February 14th 14, 12:26 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 11:19:11 -0500, downhill
wrote this crap:

We are getting blasted here on the east coast.
Trails that I have never seen open at Tuxedo are.
But willing to bet that this snow storm kills the races at Belleayre
this weekend. Rumor has it we are due another storm friday night.
It will be a wax for new snow edges not ice sharp.
The course is going to rut up like the cross bronx expressway after a
snow storm.

Whaaaa! Keep crying ya little wuss. You know it's February, don't
you? What do you expect?

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old February 14th 14, 01:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thursday, February 13, 2014 10:19:11 AM UTC-6, downhill wrote:

We are getting blasted here on the east coast.
Trails that I have never seen open at Tuxedo are.
But willing to bet that this snow storm kills the races at Belleayre
this weekend.

Take a day off from racing and play in the trees, in the falling snow. It's good for your soul. Trust me on this, and take your clue from the corduroy-constrained people who reply.

Jim in Texas