Gressoney - amazing powder

Old April 10th 05, 07:18 PM
Scott Whitehead

Default Gressoney - amazing powder

Hello everyone!

Thought the season was over? - think again.

I've just returned from Gressoney where 55hrs of moderate snow has
left at least 50cms of powder above mid station. Indeed one can
currently ski down to La Trinite and the snowline descended down to
Gaby and beyond.
The downside yesterday was poor vis - though managed some lovely runs
on empty pistes over in Champoluc. Off pisters didn't seem to be
deterred on the Alagna side as many put fresh tracks down on the slope
above the Olan piste.

The weather in resort this morning was -5c and (at last) clear sunny
skiies.
Unfortunately the day I had to return to Blighty...

I won't bore you with any more details but if you get the chance get
some late season tracks in.
And to Paul Healy - I'm glad I ignored your advice!!
Old April 11th 05, 12:04 PM
Walter Wright

pete devlin wrote:
Going to Val d'Isere on Sun. I just hope it holds up.

Me too. We may bump into each other! Then again, maybe not such a good
idea....

Walter

Old April 11th 05, 04:39 PM
pete devlin

In message , Walter Wright
writes
Me too. We may bump into each other! Then again, maybe not such a good
idea....

I'm staying in La Daille for the 1st time ever. This probably means that
I'll be at the bar at the bottom every day after the last run at
1700ish. I'm the big Scottish guy with a skin head, probably surrounded
by chicks. If you can fight your way through them say hello! In reality
that means that me and my short fat mate and the gay on the tray with us
will be the ones that everybody is giving a wide berth to!
I bumped into a French man once on the way down the Stade de Slalome.
His skis stopped dead and he went flying. I could tell he was alright by
the way he managed to force out a grunt once he managed to fit some air
back into his lungs. I skied away before he had recovered sufficiently
to give me a mouthful. It _was_ his fault btw, I'm just used to bodily
impact and managed to dip my shoulder in time!
--
Pete Devlin
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"
Old April 12th 05, 07:32 AM

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:39:37 +0100, pete devlin
wrote:

In message , Walter Wright
writes
[...]

May be it's just as well I'm unable to go this year...
Perhaps '05-'06 season - I'll keep my eyes pealed.

P.

www.craigieburn.co.nz