108 inches

Old May 1st 08, 03:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default 108 inches

at the stake.

Skiing's been good - had surface in the morning. Had the 215 DH skis out
for a few runs this am while waiting for the bowls to soften - fast skis
but they don't respond at all until maybe 50 mph and up, so you need
some room. But at speed they act as if a switch was thrown and settle
into a smooth groove. I put them away when the crowds showed (all 5
people) and went back looking for slush and crud on the P30s.

Broke my dam adjustable poles between some rocks on the way to Beaver
Bowl - borrowed a pair for the rest of the day. When returned home got
the micrometer out and measured diameters of basement poles. We have 3
BD adjustable (one pair in pieces) and an ancient Leki lawisond probe
pole and maybe a dozen other non adjustables. All have different
diameters, so I couldn't put together a pair of good poles out of some
junkers, leaving me with the kid's good adjustable pair as a replacement
pair for tomorrow. Someone close to Black Diamond and all these other
brands should explain why they change shaft diameter with every pole
released. Just to screw us up?

Old May 1st 08, 01:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

lal_truckee wrote:

(snip)

Just to screw us up?

Yes.

Old May 1st 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Dave-in-Spokane

lal_truckee wrote:
at the stake.

snip

Broke my dam adjustable poles between some rocks on the way to Beaver
Bowl - borrowed a pair for the rest of the day. When returned home got
the micrometer out and measured diameters of basement poles. We have 3
BD adjustable (one pair in pieces) and an ancient Leki lawisond probe
pole and maybe a dozen other non adjustables. All have different
diameters, so I couldn't put together a pair of good poles out of some
junkers, leaving me with the kid's good adjustable pair as a replacement
pair for tomorrow. Someone close to Black Diamond and all these other
brands should explain why they change shaft diameter with every pole
released. Just to screw us up?

Have you contacted BD about a replacement? The
airlines broke the carbon fiber section of my BD
poles and BD promptly replaced the piece with no
charge. I don't know if it made any difference,
but BD sent the part to Mountain Gear, who had
sold me the poles.

--
Dave in Spokane

Old May 1st 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Ernieman

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

They do not necessarily want to screw you; they just want to make more money
by selling you another pair of polls. And it works!!! Unless you get
****ed off enough NOT to buy any thing that is unecessarily hard to repair.
But, I have no practical suggestion as to what brand of polls to buy.

Ernie

Old May 1st 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Mike Treseler

Ernieman wrote:

They do not necessarily want to screw you; they just want to make more
money by selling you another pair of polls. And it works!!! Unless you
get ****ed off enough NOT to buy any thing that is unecessarily hard to
repair. But, I have no practical suggestion as to what brand of polls to
buy.

I buy ski-swap poles and straighten them
out with my foot when they get bent.

-- Mike Treseler

Old May 1st 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Mike Treseler wrote:
Ernieman wrote:

They do not necessarily want to screw you; they just want to make more
money by selling you another pair of polls. And it works!!! Unless you
get ****ed off enough NOT to buy any thing that is unecessarily hard to
repair. But, I have no practical suggestion as to what brand of polls to
buy.

I buy ski-swap poles and straighten them
out with my foot when they get bent.

Who bends them? I snap them in half.

Old May 2nd 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Not That Dave

On May 1, 3:25 pm, lal_truckee wrote:
Mike Treseler wrote:
Ernieman wrote:

They do not necessarily want to screw you; they just want to make more
money by selling you another pair of polls. And it works!!! Unless you
get ****ed off enough NOT to buy any thing that is unecessarily hard to
repair. But, I have no practical suggestion as to what brand of polls to
buy.

I buy ski-swap poles and straighten them
out with my foot when they get bent.

Who bends them? I snap them in half.

I only buy carbon fiber graphite poles. I can't bend them. I can't
snap them. I have sheared them off at the basket though.

Adjustable poles are for homos.

Old May 2nd 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

Mike Treseler wrote:
Ernieman wrote:

They do not necessarily want to screw you; they just want to make more
money by selling you another pair of polls. And it works!!! Unless you
get ****ed off enough NOT to buy any thing that is unecessarily hard to
repair. But, I have no practical suggestion as to what brand of polls to
buy.

I buy ski-swap poles and straighten them
out with my foot when they get bent.

Who bends them? I snap them in half.

For use in full tucks? You carry two pair? Wow.

I only buy carbon fiber graphite poles. I can't bend them. I can't
snap them. I have sheared them off at the basket though.

I retrieved a Goode pole from the trash. The previous owner said its
mate broke somewhere "up there" and she just left it. All I have to do
is find ONE more...

Adjustable poles are for homos.

No. For persons with sexual identification issues.

--
Cheers, Bev
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old May 4th 08, 11:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner[_2_]

On Thu, 01 May 2008 18:11:50 -0400, Mike Treseler
wrote this crap:

I buy ski-swap poles and straighten them
out with my foot when they get bent.

-- Mike Treseler

What? Ski poles are hollow aluminum poles. If they bend, they break
open, and can't be bent back. They're not plastic straws.

I sharpen my old ski poles, and use them for weapons.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."

Old May 5th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Mike Treseler

wrote this crap:

I buy ski-swap poles and straighten them
out with my foot when they get bent.

-- Mike Treseler

What? Ski poles are hollow aluminum poles. If they bend, they break
open, and can't be bent back. They're not plastic straws.

Depends how far I bend them.
I can straighten them 3 or 4 times
if the angle is less than the elastic limit.

I sharpen my old ski poles, and use them for weapons.

en guard

-- Mike Treseler

3 synchronized swimmers faint in pool at same time
"... while practicing holding their breath"
"This was a very fluke thing"
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

108 inches lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 22 May 5th 08 02:31 AM
20!! more inches lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 6 April 24th 07 02:20 PM
20!! more inches lal_truckee Alpine Skiing (moderated) 6 April 24th 07 02:20 PM
261 inches lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 11 April 18th 06 06:09 PM
a mere 10 inches ... PG European Ski Resorts 0 November 29th 03 01:58 PM