moonlight

Old April 20th 08, 04:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
lal_truckee

Default moonlight

Just returned from the Alpine moonlight bonfire, marshmallow roast, BBQ,
and full moon ski. Including an Alpenhorn soloist up on the hill and a
bar band in the lodge.

Fortunately for future pleasures the weather was preparing to snow again
tonight, so an overcast came in about 5 after a blue sky ski day.
Even more fortunately a gap in the clouds formed and persisted exactly
where the full moon rose.

A good time was had by all. Finished off with Peppermint Schnapps
infused cocoa by the fireplace.

Old April 20th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Harry Weiner[_2_]

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 00:51:00 -0400, lal_truckee
wrote this crap:

Just returned from the Alpine moonlight bonfire, marshmallow roast, BBQ,
and full moon ski. Including an Alpenhorn soloist up on the hill and a
bar band in the lodge.

Fortunately for future pleasures the weather was preparing to snow again
tonight, so an overcast came in about 5 after a blue sky ski day.
Even more fortunately a gap in the clouds formed and persisted exactly
where the full moon rose.

A good time was had by all. Finished off with Peppermint Schnapps
infused cocoa by the fireplace.

Well, a good time for you! I hope you also had a flagon of mead.
Mighty warriors may sing your name.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."

Old April 20th 08, 11:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
VtSkier

wrote this crap:

Just returned from the Alpine moonlight bonfire, marshmallow roast, BBQ,
and full moon ski. Including an Alpenhorn soloist up on the hill and a
bar band in the lodge.

Fortunately for future pleasures the weather was preparing to snow again
tonight, so an overcast came in about 5 after a blue sky ski day.
Even more fortunately a gap in the clouds formed and persisted exactly
where the full moon rose.

A good time was had by all. Finished off with Peppermint Schnapps
infused cocoa by the fireplace.

Well, a good time for you! I hope you also had a flagon of mead.
Mighty warriors may sing your name.

Well, I'm sure it was Urquel. The weather here has been lovely
too. We didn't even get the overcast. Clear blue since Monday
last, generally 60's and 70's. Snow going fast but Thursday
was still an epic day. I decided to make it my last even though
a couple of areas nearby will stay open and we could always hike
for our turns.

Nobody invited me to a mountain top party, though we rode up the
lift at 4 PM with a guy who had most of a case in his backpack.
Didn't invite us even though we whined all the way up.

VtSkier

Old April 21st 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
The Real Bev

VtSkier wrote:

Nobody invited me to a mountain top party, though we rode up the
lift at 4 PM with a guy who had most of a case in his backpack.
Didn't invite us even though we whined all the way up.

Some people have no social skills at all.

--
Cheers,
Bev

Old April 21st 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Harry Weiner[_2_]

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 20:39:28 -0400, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

VtSkier wrote:

Didn't invite us even though we whined all the way up.

Some people have no social skills at all.

Who wants a whiner? Certainly not a mighty Hungarian warrior.

Old April 21st 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
taichiskiing

On Apr 20, 3:37 pm, VtSkier wrote:
Nobody invited me to a mountain top party, though we rode up the
lift at 4 PM with a guy who had most of a case in his backpack.
Didn't invite us even though we whined all the way up.

Well, I didn't know I was invited, and got hailed with hundreds snow
balls.

Today's closing day at Sierra-at-Tahoe, customers' appreciation day,
$20 lift ticket, but I didn't know that they close at 2 pm. I was on
the last chair up. When I approached the top, I saw hundreds people
gathered around the unloading area throwing snow balls; I thought they
were having a snow ball fight party. Actually, the targets were
whoever came down the unloading ramp. I was the last one, so I got the
most of their remaining balls.

Changing my mind about the relaxing cruising last run, and went to the
superpipe; good jumping actions in the pipe, exited clean with enough
speed to clear a table top at the end of the trial and landed with a
stomp. A good last run, guess I can call it a season now.

Heavenly, though California side is closed, still have two more weeks
to go, so the weary feet march on. What can I say? I can only follow.

'later,
IS

VtSkier

moonlight lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 5 April 21st 08 11:53 PM
Moonlight Basin in Mt John Richardson Snowboarding 0 February 6th 04 02:29 AM
TR Moonlight Basin JLGSAK Alpine Skiing 0 December 28th 03 06:00 AM