The Skier and the Snowborder

Old January 16th 05, 05:35 PM
pigo

Default The Skier and the Snowborder

This guy decides to take a snowborder chick to the mountains for a day.

It's VERY cold out and on the way up they see a baby skunk not moving on the
side of the road.

They stop and discover that it's still alive just almost frozen. They bring
it into the car administer first aid and discover it needs to be warmed.

"Put it between your legs, it's nice and warm there" he says.

"What about the smell?" she replies.

"Just hold it's nose".

Old January 17th 05, 02:40 PM
Black Metal Martha

pigo wrote:
This guy decides to take a snowborder chick to the mountains for a

day.

It's VERY cold out and on the way up they see a baby skunk not moving

on the
side of the road.

They stop and discover that it's still alive just almost frozen. They

bring
it into the car administer first aid and discover it needs to be

warmed.

"Put it between your legs, it's nice and warm there" he says.

"What about the smell?" she replies.

"Just hold it's nose".

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

What's the first thing a boarder says when he meets you?

"Oh, sorry dude."

Martha

Old January 18th 05, 02:14 AM
Mike Treseler

Black Metal Martha wrote:

"Oh, sorry dude."

That's:

"*Whoooh*, sorry dude."

-- Mike Treseler
Old January 18th 05, 04:42 PM
Black Metal Martha

Mike Treseler wrote:
Black Metal Martha wrote:

"Oh, sorry dude."

That's:

"*Whoooh*, sorry dude."

-- Mike Treseler

OK, so how about this:
Snowboarding is....

50% attitude
40% fashion
10% talent

Martha

Old January 18th 05, 05:10 PM
VtSkier

Black Metal Martha wrote:
Mike Treseler wrote:

Black Metal Martha wrote:

"Oh, sorry dude."

That's:

"*Whoooh*, sorry dude."

-- Mike Treseler

OK, so how about this:
Snowboarding is....

50% attitude
40% fashion
10% talent

Martha

If they had that much talent, we might be able to get along.

VtSkier
Old January 18th 05, 08:24 PM
Bob

"VtSkier" wrote in message
OK, so how about this:
Snowboarding is....

50% attitude
40% fashion
10% talent

Martha

If they had that much talent, we might be able to get along.

VtSkier

If it takes so little talent, you should be a natural. Give it a try and see
how much fun it is.

:-)

Bob

Old January 18th 05, 08:48 PM
VtSkier

Bob wrote:
"VtSkier" wrote in message

OK, so how about this:
Snowboarding is....

50% attitude
40% fashion
10% talent

Martha

If they had that much talent, we might be able to get along.

VtSkier

If it takes so little talent, you should be a natural. Give it a try and see
how much fun it is.

:-)

Bob

Clearly you are snowboarder and just a clearly I was
venting a bit about the snowboarders I encounter on
my hill.

What you don't know is how I really feel. I agree with
others here that it really doesn't make any difference
with what is on your feet. A punk is a punk and there
are punks with skis on their feet as well as snow-
boarders.

The part about snowboarders that bothers me is that
a certain level of skill can be reached rather quickly
and so, without really learning how to use the tool
and without "paying your dues" and learning the code
and etiquette of downhill snowsports, a snowboarder
can ride a lift and scrape down the hill looking dumb
in survival mode and endangering a whole lot of other
people on the hill.

A skier at the same level of scraping as the snowboarder
is laughed at by his peers and after one scrape down probably
won't scrape down the same trail again. The snowboarder,
OTOH, will scrape down again and again and since all of
his peers are at the same level he is, don't see anything
wrong with it.

Then there is the blindside problem.

On the other, other hand, there are lots of good competent
snowboarders out there who use their tool with grace
and expertise. I ski with a lot of them.

VtSkier
Old January 18th 05, 10:51 PM
pigo

"VtSkier" wrote in message
Bob wrote:
"VtSkier" wrote in message

[...]

If you don't think that there's any difference you need to go to an are that
doesn't allow them and get off of the groomed slopes. The difference is
night and day.

Old January 19th 05, 12:24 AM
Bob

"VtSkier" wrote in message
Bob wrote:
"VtSkier" wrote in message

[...]

I really see very little difference between skiers and snowboarders other
than the age issue. Skiers sideslip when they get on too steep of a slope
also. I see it all the time. Maybe I see boarders do it more, but I think
that's just because more boarders are teens, who are more likely to get in
over their head. I've never seen this magical laughing that makes skiers
never sideslip. You may do it to your friends, but that doesn't mean
everyone else does.

The "blindside" problem is just that. A problem everyone has to deal with.
If skiers are aware of the problem, thay can easily and effectively
accomidate it. Skiers are blind behind themselves also - you've learned to
deal with that. It is actually more of a problem for boarders. If one is
regular, and one goofy, they can both be on each others blindside. Boarders
are aware of the problem, and do their best to deal with it. We only ask the
same from others sharing the slopes. I certainly have a lot less problems
with boarders now than I did before I learned to understand their weaknesses
and how they maneuver.

The "bigotry" of some skiers about snowboarders is just as offensive to me
as any other bigotry. I think everyone would be better off if they tried to
understand the differences between the two sports. Then they can peacefully
and safely coexist.

I really think that the major issue is the age of riders vs. skiers. If it's
"teens" that are causing the problem because they are teens, don't say that
snowboarders are the problem. There are plenty of crazy teen skiers out
there too. They've been bothering people way before snowboards were
invented.

Bob

Old January 19th 05, 01:42 AM
Black Metal Martha

Bob wrote:

[...]

This is territory that's been covered with past boarders. I have no
problem with boarders who call out when they're about to run into me.
The problem is, it doesn't happen very often.

It has nothing to do with age. There are young skiers and older
boarders. SOme of my friends my age (early 40s) are boarders, and they
know better than to cut into a lift line, as I've seen lots of boarders
(never skiers, sorry) do.

Maybe they're raised in households where etiquette isn't important. The
problem is, on the slopes, it could mean the difference between having
a great day and killing someone.

Martha