Lake Tahoe vs Alta

Old January 23rd 05, 02:24 PM
pigo

"rosco" wrote in message

Once it took my wife and me almost 12 hours from Kings Beach. We
pulled into the Peruvian parking lot at about 3am and nosed it into
a berm, crawled in the back and woke 5 hours later under 6" of
fresh (on top of at least 12") to the music of avy bombs going off.
One of the best 3 days of skiing I have ever had. Many stories
came from that trip.

Hmmmmmm. Kings Beach (Tahoe Vista) is where I lived before I moved to
no place to park city. 'Twas on Pino Grande I think.

I made the trip in those days in about 10 in my 67 VW van. Ahhhhhhh
the mammaries.

And the moral of this story: If you let a little thing like
blizzard, whiteout, chain-control conditions scare you away, you
aren't allowed to play with the big kids.

That's one of the things that disheartens me about even skiing. I
expect it from borders but even a majority of people that ski these
days think that if they where a helmet they're "rad" or "extreme". So
much "image" so little substance. Not to say that there weren't
always more ho-hum, la-te-da, family type skiers out there, but they
weren't so intent on appearing to be something more.

pigo

Old January 23rd 05, 07:41 PM
Bryan

"uglymoney" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 00:52:16 GMT, "Bryan"
wrote:
The skiing however, is
something I started a few years ago as an adult and my only regret is

that I
can't afford, logistically and financially, to go more often. Skiing I

do
because it's an excellent adventure!

Very true. I do what I can to keep it affordable. Money always
enters my vacation equation. I think I spent more than a grand once
on a ski trip, but it was Europe before the US dollar took a dive peso
style, and well worth it.

And with that said, the decision has
been made, once again for me and not by me; we're going to Tahoe. My

son's
schedule just came out for his soccer playoffs and championship and it's

the
weekend I would have flown to SLC.
Since I coach the team it would look bad
if I wasn't there for those games. On the other hand ...

Thats one of the reasons I have lived my life to this point with no
kids, no wife, hate buying airline tickets and avoid making
reservations. I love pointed my car to powder. For a powder hound
to hunt, he has to be off the leash.

nate

Well, Nate, I love my wife (she's watching me write this) and my kids and I
wouldn't give them up for any amount or quality of skiing (throw in surfing
and we might have something to talk about), but you're definitely on the
money when you talk about being off the leash to be able to follow the sun
or snow at will. I say no to a hell of a lot of things because of conflicts
with what my kids need and what I want. I can wait the few more years until
they're off to college to start chasing the sun and snow; I'll be moving a
lot slower than I can now, but at least the illusion of speed is relative to
the fear of breaking a hip (just kidding, I'm not that old yet).

Old January 23rd 05, 08:37 PM
uglymoney

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 20:41:30 GMT, "Bryan"
wrote:

Thats one of the reasons I have lived my life to this point with no
kids, no wife, hate buying airline tickets and avoid making
reservations. I love pointed my car to powder. For a powder hound
to hunt, he has to be off the leash.

nate

Well, Nate, I love my wife (she's watching me write this) and my kids and I
wouldn't give them up for any amount or quality of skiing (throw in surfing
and we might have something to talk about), but you're definitely on the
money when you talk about being off the leash to be able to follow the sun
or snow at will.

Certainly. However, being single I guess that my interests have made
me a lot more selective when it comes to woman. I'm not going to
give up all of my freedom for just anyone, but I understand that in
certain circumstances, skiing powder could seem almost trivial..

I've just managed to avoid those circumstances up to this point.

nate

Old January 23rd 05, 09:47 PM
pigo

"uglymoney" wrote in message
..

but I understand that in
certain circumstances, skiing powder could seem almost trivial..

Only to those that have never skied it well.

I've just managed to avoid those circumstances up to this point.

You just have to let them know that skiing powder is better than sex.
Then the worst that can happen is them trying to prove you wrong. I
can't think of how many tourist girls I told that to and had them try
to keep me in bed on a powder morning. I let them think so for ten
minutes or so (if we woke up early enough).

Don't have kids though. To me it's not the thumb that seperates us
from other animals, it's the choice on whether or not we spawn.

pigo

Old January 23rd 05, 10:09 PM
LePheaux

wrote:

[...]

I used to respect youG
nothing gets ahead of POW

Old January 23rd 05, 10:14 PM
LePheaux

"pigo" wrote in message
news

"uglymoney" wrote in message
..

but I understand that in
certain circumstances, skiing powder could seem almost trivial..

Only to those that have never skied it well.

I've just managed to avoid those circumstances up to this point.

You just have to let them know that skiing powder is better than sex. Then
the worst that can happen is them trying to prove you wrong. I can't think
of how many tourist girls I told that to and had them try to keep me in
bed on a powder morning. I let them think so for ten minutes or so (if we
woke up early enough).

Don't have kids though. To me it's not the thumb that seperates us from
other animals, it's the choice on whether or not we spawn.

Actually the difference boils down to intelligence.
when you learn how to have your cake and it too, then and only then can you
make the claim.
I've got honor roll kids, that ski Powder.
if they have to go to school on a pow.day, they pack my gear and have it
ready by the door.
no questions asked.
Powder first.
family second.
work comes in somewhere towards the end of the list.

Old January 23rd 05, 10:38 PM
Bryan

"pigo" wrote in message
news

"uglymoney" wrote in message
..

but I understand that in
certain circumstances, skiing powder could seem almost trivial..

Only to those that have never skied it well.

I've just managed to avoid those circumstances up to this point.

You just have to let them know that skiing powder is better than sex.
Then the worst that can happen is them trying to prove you wrong. I
can't think of how many tourist girls I told that to and had them try
to keep me in bed on a powder morning. I let them think so for ten
minutes or so (if we woke up early enough).

Don't have kids though. To me it's not the thumb that seperates us
from other animals, it's the choice on whether or not we spawn.

pigo

I used to tell the girls that surfing was better than sex. The reply was
always that I must not have experienced great sex. Actually, I just figured
the sex could wait until the sun went down and then the girls could give it
a go. I never thought of using the line as incentive to compete! I'm
surprised that you give them a whole 10 minutes on a powder morning; isn't
that about 10 times more than they deserve?

Old January 23rd 05, 11:12 PM
pigo

"LePheaux" wrote in message

Actually the difference boils down to intelligence.
when you learn how to have your cake and it too, then and only then
can you make the claim.
I've got honor roll kids, that ski Powder.
if they have to go to school on a pow.day, they pack my gear and
have it ready by the door.
no questions asked.
Powder first.
family second.
work comes in somewhere towards the end of the list.

So you never miss a powder day? In the 17 years I was in pc I don't
think I did. And 90% of those I was on the first few chairs. I had a
few days per season that I couldn't go skiing for some reason or
another, but I had a powder clause. If it snowed everything else was
on hold. I would think (hope) that with kids, *something* is going to
creep in sometimes.

Work is for people that don't know how to ski.

pigo

Old January 23rd 05, 11:18 PM
pigo

"Bryan" wrote in message
om...

"pigo" wrote in message
news

[...]

Sex was a lot easier to get than powder.

Like I said, if I woke up early enough, I had 10 extra minutes to let
them do their handy work. And if it wasn't that good I could always
fall back to sleep. But.........a bad blowjob? Few and far between
ime.