Snow Summit yesterday

Old February 26th 11, 01:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

Default Snow Summit yesterday

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 20:10:02 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 18:39:52 -0500, Dick G wrote
this crap:

Subject to popular thought, British food is actually exceptional (not
fish and chips) but true roots cooking...head to hoof pork,
beef...excellent stuff

Is that why they have such nice teeth?

All seriousness aside, I spent three days in London and I remember the
food as unexceptional. I remember the fish and chips as being as bad
as Long John Silver's.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe

Yep, you can find that, no different than finding crap to eat in LA,
NY or any big city. I remember getting dragged into a Rotten Ronnie's
in Paris by my youngest
Old February 26th 11, 03:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

Ted Waldron wrote:
In article
,
Richard wrote:

On Feb 25, 10:06 am, wrote:
On Feb 25, 9:55 am, wrote:

What the hell is haggis? Is it something disgusting like shepard's
pie, or blood pudding?

Shepards Pie is just meat, potato, and veggies. Not disgusting. I
think haggis is something made with guts.

Ground mutton and sheep organs cooked in the sheep's stomach.

Haggis doesn't contain mutton for a good reason: mutton has to be
cooked differently and with alot of care so it doesn't taste like a
rancid wool sweater.

I am here at greek peak we had 10 or 12 inches of snow and we are
getting more tomorrow, I can be happy I saw them groom the race trail.

You guys are talking about stuff I would put in my garden and hope it
helped. I damn sure would not eat it.

I will stick with shrimp lobster a bit of scallops and haddock & cod
with veal and other choice cuts from things that moo.. Enjoy your feast
you are making me want to hurl.
Old February 26th 11, 04:24 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 20:46:08 -0800, Ted Waldron
wrote this crap:

Actually, the best Indian food in the world is probably in London...
Like any major metropolitan area, very good food can be come by, at a
price.

Indian food? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that Indians
don't eat meat. Who the hell would want to eat Indian food?

There's only two types of ethnic food to eat. Hungarian or Mexican.

Old February 26th 11, 02:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Feb 25, 9:46*pm, Ted Waldron wrote:
Actually, the best Indian food in the world is probably in London...
Like any major metropolitan area, very good food can be come by, at a
price.

England in general has great Indian Food. One of the staples when we
are there. We had a great New Years Eve south of London a few years
ago at an Indian restaurant.

We will be on the coast in Scotland. Summer. I imagine that Herring
will be plentiful. It is across The Channel in Holland. Seafood will
probably be the kind of thing that we search out, but some of the
local weird stuff will be part of the experience.
Old February 26th 11, 03:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Feb 26, 7:11*am, pigo wrote:
On Feb 25, 9:46*pm, Ted Waldron wrote:

Actually, the best Indian food in the world is probably in London...
Like any major metropolitan area, very good food can be come by, at a
price.

England in general has great Indian Food. One of the staples when we
are there. We had a great New Years Eve south of London a few years
ago at an Indian restaurant.

We will be on the coast in Scotland. Summer. I imagine that Herring
will be plentiful. It is across The Channel in Holland. Seafood will
probably be the kind of thing that we search out, but some of the
local weird stuff will be part of the experience.

They also have diapers. You can wear them under a kilt. You never
know when I will set a meet at St. Andrews.
Old February 26th 11, 05:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 02/25/11 20:41, Ted Waldron wrote:

Richard wrote:
On Feb 25, 10:06 am, wrote:
On Feb 25, 9:55 am, wrote:

What the hell is haggis? Is it something disgusting like shepard's
pie, or blood pudding?

Shepards Pie is just meat, potato, and veggies. Not disgusting. I
think haggis is something made with guts.

Ground mutton and sheep organs cooked in the sheep's stomach.

Short version: guts in guts. Sounds like something Hannibal Lecter said.

Haggis doesn't contain mutton for a good reason: mutton has to be
cooked differently and with alot of care so it doesn't taste like a
rancid wool sweater.

That must be why I only cooked it once 40 years ago. The mint jelly
was good, though.

--
Cheers, Bev
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Old February 26th 11, 05:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 02/25/11 09:27, VtSkier wrote:

When we came back from Costa Rica last week, there was a check point
set up AS WE WERE BOARDING our plane in CR, after we had been through
security and were inside the gate area.

Apparently you could bring back booze in your checked luggage but not
in your carry-on, no matter what. To prevent good scotch from being
dumped down the drain, ask if you can carry it on. Note that the
check point was well after where you check your luggage.

Perhaps the attendants were thirsty.

I heard that they were looking for booze and were confiscating same.
We didn't buy any even though there was plenty of cheap/good rum at
the duty-free inside the gate area.

Go figure.

See above.

--
Cheers, Bev
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Old February 26th 11, 05:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 02/25/11 20:15, Ted Waldron wrote:

Mutton has to be prepared differently than other sheep parts, I wouldn't
boil it, but a long slow simmer in a stew.. I would even cook Hogget

Baby pig?

differently than lamb.

--
Cheers, Bev