Just another day in paradise

Old February 23rd 11, 02:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Default Just another day in paradise

On Feb 22, 7:31*pm, Dave Stallard wrote:
On 2/22/11 7:42 PM, pigo wrote:

On Feb 22, 5:20 pm, The Real *wrote:
Going to Snow Summit tomorrow. *I expect nice cold weather. *Memo to
self: *wear two more layers.

Do you have a neck gaiter? That's a great thing to have in your pocket
and the extra heat it gives you is huge compared to it's size.

That's for sure. *All those major blood vessels close to the surface
makes your neck great at radiating out heat. * Which is fine in summer,
but not in winter. * Covering it is a Good Thing. *That's why scarves
were invented (not that scarves are good for skiing!).

Hey, does Turtle Fur make diapers? You should know, Stallard.
Old February 23rd 11, 11:08 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 02/22/2011 11:19 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 02/22/11 18:41, wrote:

wrote this crap:

Do you have a neck gaiter? That's a great thing to have in your pocket
and the extra heat it gives you is huge compared to it's size.

Yup. Nice one made of turtle fur.

Turtle fur?

Cute name for synthetic mumblesomething. Soft fleece without that nasty
micro-fiber feel.

Turtle fur wearables are made in Vermont. The
silky soft fabric is sustainably harvested from
the far northern turtles found on the shores of
Lake Champlain.

See also
www.turtlefur.com

The above is kind of old. I'm sure Turtle Fur
has expanded, in fact they now have wearables
in merino wool, which is harvested from merino
sheep. The above note is pretty much where
they started.
Old February 23rd 11, 11:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 22:31:11 -0500, Dave Stallard
wrote:

On 2/22/11 7:42 PM, pigo wrote:
On Feb 22, 5:20 pm, The Real wrote:
Going to Snow Summit tomorrow. I expect nice cold weather. Memo to
self: wear two more layers.

Do you have a neck gaiter? That's a great thing to have in your pocket
and the extra heat it gives you is huge compared to it's size.

That's for sure. All those major blood vessels close to the surface
makes your neck great at radiating out heat. Which is fine in summer,
but not in winter. Covering it is a Good Thing. That's why scarves
were invented (not that scarves are good for skiing!).

Dave

I still prefer wool
Old February 23rd 11, 11:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

http://www.vermonter.com/northlandjo...-fur-trout.asp
Old February 23rd 11, 11:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 07:08:00 -0500, VtSkier wrote
this crap:

See also www.turtr.com

The above is kind of old. I'm sure Turtle Fur
has expanded, in fact they now have wearables
in merino wool, which is harvested from merino
sheep. The above note is pretty much where
they started.

I disliking clicking on URLs because 99% of the time they are crap,
spam, advertising, won't load, can't be found, other error messages,
or just crap. I made the mistake of clicking on this one and all I
got was a picture of Turtles Playing Poker.

Let me guess. Turtle fur comes from box turtles

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old February 23rd 11, 12:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 02/22/11 18:41, wrote:

wrote this crap:

Do you have a neck gaiter? That's a great thing to have in your pocket
and the extra heat it gives you is huge compared to it's size.

Yup. Nice one made of turtle fur.

Turtle fur?

Cute name for synthetic mumblesomething. Soft fleece without that nasty
micro-fiber feel.

Turtle fur wearables are made in Vermont. The
silky soft fabric is sustainably harvested from
the far northern turtles found on the shores of
Lake Champlain.

See alsowww.turtlefur.com

The above is kind of old. I'm sure Turtle Fur
has expanded, in fact they now have wearables
in merino wool, which is harvested from merino
sheep. The above note is pretty much where
they started.

http://www.vermonter.com/northlandjo...-fur-trout.asp

A really good story but hardly true. I think you
will find that the so-called "fur-bearing trout" or
"beaver trout" are really a variety of grayling.

(see Howard Frank Mosher, "On Kingdom Mountain")
Old February 23rd 11, 12:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 02/23/2011 07:56 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 07:08:00 -0500, wrote
this crap:

Turtle fur wearables are made in Vermont. The
silky soft fabric is sustainably harvested from
the far northern turtles found on the shores of
Lake Champlain.

See also
www.turtr.com

The above is kind of old. I'm sure Turtle Fur
has expanded, in fact they now have wearables
in merino wool, which is harvested from merino
sheep. The above note is pretty much where
they started.

I disliking clicking on URLs because 99% of the time they are crap,
spam, advertising, won't load, can't be found, other error messages,
or just crap. I made the mistake of clicking on this one and all I
got was a picture of Turtles Playing Poker.

Keep clicking, man, there's more.
and of course it's crap. Just like
what you find here.

Old February 23rd 11, 12:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

The Real Bev wrote:
On 02/22/11 16:42, pigo wrote:

On Feb 22, 5:20 pm, The Real wrote:
Going to Snow Summit tomorrow. I expect nice cold weather. Memo to
self: wear two more layers.

Do you have a neck gaiter? That's a great thing to have in your pocket
and the extra heat it gives you is huge compared to it's size.

Yup. Nice one made of turtle fur. I only really notice how cold it is on
the lift -- thank you, Mr. Adrenaline. Or maybe just Mr.
Concentration-on-other-stuff...

I use a balaclava double layer 100% nomex fine threaded no wind passes.
never get cold with it, try to blow through your head sock my blocks any
air. I can stand on mountain and be a gate judge and the only thing that
gets cold is my boots from standing in snow.
Old February 23rd 11, 04:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 08:11:29 -0500, VtSkier wrote
this crap:

I disliking clicking on URLs because 99% of the time they are crap,
spam, advertising, won't load, can't be found, other error messages,
or just crap. I made the mistake of clicking on this one and all I
got was a picture of Turtles Playing Poker.

Keep clicking, man, there's more.
and of course it's crap. Just like
what you find here.

I actually did a yahoo search on turtle fur. It's a company in
Vermont that makes winter wear for women and children. Turtle fur is
not made from turtles and it's not made from fur. It's just their
specially woven type of fleece. (In other words you pay more for
something you can get cheaper at Wal-Mart.)

Old February 23rd 11, 04:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 08:54:40 -0500, down_hill
wrote this crap:

I use a balaclava double layer 100% nomex fine threaded no wind passes.
never get cold with it, try to blow through your head sock my blocks any
air. I can stand on mountain and be a gate judge and the only thing that
gets cold is my boots from standing in snow.

I bought some hiking socks at an outdoor adventure shop. They're made
from mountain goat wool. With a good pair of boots my feet stay warm
in all weather.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe

Just another day in paradise Walt Alpine Skiing 0 February 21st 11 04:15 PM
Just another day in Paradise (Snow Summit) The Real Bev[_7_] Alpine Skiing 2 March 12th 10 10:44 PM
paradise lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 5 February 3rd 05 08:59 PM
paradise lal_truckee Alpine Skiing (moderated) 5 February 3rd 05 08:59 PM
Anyone bought from Board Paradise? Tiburon27 Snowboarding 0 August 5th 03 02:08 PM