Planning first ski trip with son

Old September 28th 03, 03:14 AM
Jason

Default Planning first ski trip with son

Hi,

Would appreciate some advice on a good choice of destination for my son and
I to have our first ski trip. He will be 5 by the time I want to go in 2/04
for a 3 night trip. He has never been and I have skied in places like
Kirkwood, Big Mountain, Ski Apache before.

What is the best kid-friendly place to go for a not-too-expensive time?

Thanks!

Old September 28th 03, 03:31 PM
Terry Morse

"Jason" wrote:

What is the best kid-friendly place to go for a not-too-expensive time?

Northstar gets raves from families with little ones:

http://www.skinorthstar.com/winter/kids/
--
terry morse Palo Alto, CA http://www.terrymorse.com/ski/
Old October 2nd 03, 06:12 AM
Mike Sheikh

Terry Morse wrote in message ...
"Jason" wrote:

What is the best kid-friendly place to go for a not-too-expensive time?

Northstar gets raves from families with little ones:

http://www.skinorthstar.com/winter/kids/

I think Breckenridge is a great place to go. They have a great kids
ski school on Peak 8. The town of Breckenridge is super nice. There
is a lot to do there. The nightlife is a lot of fun as well. Main
Street has a lot of shops too. Peak 8 in Breckenridge has a good ski
school for teenagers.

If you need lodging I can reccomend my website

http://www.the-lift.com
Old October 2nd 03, 02:20 PM
Chester Bullock

Jason wrote:

Hi,

Would appreciate some advice on a good choice of destination for my son and
I to have our first ski trip. He will be 5 by the time I want to go in 2/04
for a 3 night trip. He has never been and I have skied in places like
Kirkwood, Big Mountain, Ski Apache before.

What is the best kid-friendly place to go for a not-too-expensive time?

Thanks!

Not sure if you wanted to stay local to where you were, but Copper is
hands down one of the best family places to ski. The terrain is
naturally segregated for each skill level. For cheaper acoommodations,
stay in Frisco, Dillon, or Silverthorne and drive (or ride the free bus)
to the mountain.

--
Chester Bullock,
Ethical, custom website hosting, design and programming