Olympia

Old February 15th 06, 01:00 PM

Default Olympia

Have you heard? The Americans won almost all medals up to now.
Congratulations to them.

mfg jenny
-----

Old February 15th 06, 10:48 PM

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:00:20 +0100,
wrote:

Have you heard? The Americans won almost all medals up to now.

Almost all? Not quite:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...le/default.stm
--
Champ
Old February 15th 06, 10:53 PM

I believe the op was directing her observation at the snowboard
competitions since this is a SNOWBOARD newsgroup. The USA clearly
dominates snowboarding competition.

Obtw: Why did the UK get left off this list?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...rts/medals_tab...

Old February 16th 06, 10:02 AM

On 15 Feb 2006 14:53:38 -0800, "og" wrote:

I believe the op was directing her observation at the snowboard
competitions since this is a SNOWBOARD newsgroup. The USA clearly
dominates snowboarding competition.

Ah, yes. Of course.

Obtw: Why did the UK get left off this list?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...le/default.stm

Left off? I just assumed the UK hadn't won any medals yet. And
probably won't except perhaps in curling, which is a fairly bizarre
sport, imo. Mind you, we do ok for a country with no (proper)
mountains and no snow.
--
Champ
Old February 16th 06, 12:17 PM

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 22:53:38 GMT, "og" allegedly
wrote:

I believe the op was directing her observation at the snowboard
competitions since this is a SNOWBOARD newsgroup. The USA clearly
dominates snowboarding competition.

I just assumed it was yet another trolling attempt that we've been seeing
a few of lately. Something to bate us into a flame war of US vs the rest
of the world.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/
Old February 16th 06, 03:24 PM

Proud Yank here.

If I remember correctly, in the past, members of this SNOWBOARD
newsgroup from the UK have railed US border security and US political
policies on this forum. Remember that Dave? I do.. The op in this
post made a cordial gesture to congratulate the US athletes and it
wasn't me that chose to muck that up.

Fresh all weekend in Tahoe. Should be good.

Go Bode!

Old February 16th 06, 03:55 PM

More snowboarding gold for the USA. Congratulations Seth!

BARDONECCHIA, Italy Feb 16, 2006 (AP)- American Seth Wescott used a
sweet little slide move to nudge into first place and become the first
Olympic champion in the wild sport of snowboardcross Thursday. Wescott
gets a gold medal.

Old February 16th 06, 05:11 PM

Blimey Steve, did you get out of bed the wrong side?

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:24:53 GMT, "og" allegedly
wrote:

If I remember correctly, in the past, members of this SNOWBOARD
newsgroup from the UK have railed US border security and US political
policies on this forum. Remember that Dave? I do..

Of course I remember it, and it's still the prevelant reason that I
currently won't go to the US. However, just because I disagree with the
actions of the government does *NOT* mean that I dislike Americans, or
the country. I have always enjoyed both in the past, and hope to do so
again sometime in the future.

I have enough issues with my own government thanks, but the government
are not the people nor the country.

The op in this
post made a cordial gesture to congratulate the US athletes and it
wasn't me that chose to muck that up.

Who mucked what up? I personally didn't see it as a cordial gesture,
and perhaps I was wary what with all the other troll bait that's been
here recently.

You've every right to be proud. American athletes have done well.

Fresh all weekend in Tahoe. Should be good.

Excellent news, have a good one.

Old February 16th 06, 06:26 PM

Champ wrote on Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:02:30 +0000:

Left off? I just assumed the UK hadn't won any medals yet. And
probably won't except perhaps in curling, which is a fairly bizarre
sport, imo. Mind you, we do ok for a country with no (proper)
mountains and no snow.

Hey, we had snow in November, and we've got snow again now.

Just a pity it was so dry for the past 3 months, or there would have
been more.

--
David Taylor