Thrift store shopping advice

Old September 11th 11, 05:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Thrift store shopping advice

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 09:52:20 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

What I REALLY regret passing up was a wood tenor recorder for $15 maybe
30 years ago. You can buy Chinese recorders now for roughly that price,
but the old one was special.

I made a killing years ago buying comic books at garage sales. I've
got stacks of Superman, Spiderman, Batman, etc. that I bought for
pennies each.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old September 11th 11, 07:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Sep 11, 9:08*am, Richard Henry wrote:
On Sep 10, 5:37*pm, VtSkier wrote:

On 09/10/2011 11:21 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

I found a pair of loooooong Pre M6 skis with Geze bibdibgs - gem or
trash?

If you like the skis, then OK but the binding are probably trash. When I
worked in the shop at Bear Mt (part of Killington, not the one in SoCal,
we fancied ourselves as the broken equipment capital of the East. The
most common broken binding was Geze, usually the heel, but sometimes a
toe piece.

I passed on the Geze/Pre combo because of the Atomic/Marker deal I
found the next day.

Goodwill is laughing at you. So am I.
Here is a clue, dumb****.
I have a buddy in SV who makes chairs out of old skis. They give him
skis at the thrift store. Better skis than you just bought, newer
skis.
Damn, you're stupid, and bragging about being stupid.

*Usually when I check thrift store skis (typically
in a barrel or rack in the back of the store) they are either kids
skis, old skis with the bidings removed, or some cheap shaped-ski
trash that I don't even bother to look further at.

Right. Shape skis are trash, right? And you still ski straight
boards.
Bragging about being stupid.

The item I that I will regret passing up was a 40's-era Roysl portable
typewriter whose keyboard was compacted by putting three characters on
each typebar (such as q, Q. and 1) selecting the correct one with
either "Shift" or "Fig" control, both of which have little locking
tabs. *

Hey, did you find the contact info for the SPD officer you claim is
"monitoring" me?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA
Dickless Henry pays money for straight skis!!!!!!
Damn, that's almost as stupid as the EMERGENCY SOCCER GAME!!!!!!
Old September 11th 11, 07:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sep 11, 10:45*am, "Bob F" wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
On Sep 10, 5:37 pm, VtSkier wrote:
On 09/10/2011 11:21 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

I found a pair of loooooong Pre M6 skis with Geze bibdibgs - gem or
trash?

If you like the skis, then OK but the binding are probably trash.
When I worked in the shop at Bear Mt (part of Killington, not the
one in SoCal, we fancied ourselves as the broken equipment capital
of the East. The most common broken binding was Geze, usually the
heel, but sometimes a toe piece.

I passed on the Geze/Pre combo because of the Atomic/Marker deal I
found the next day. *Usually when I check thrift store skis (typically
in a barrel or rack in the back of the store) they are either kids
skis, old skis with the bidings removed, or some cheap shaped-ski
trash that I don't even bother to look further at.

You have to hit thrift shops frequently for the good stuff. The bargains and
quality go quickly, leaving the junk and overpriced stuff to languish. I've
gotten lots of incredible deals at thrift shops. The snowboard boots I've used
for the last few years were $30 for brand new boots. I picked up a pair of
almost new Vans for $10 a month ago, which only needed $10 for two adjustment
knobs to complete them. The board I used for powder for the end of last season
was $25.-

Value Village on 15th? How about the Goodwill on 8th? How will I
recognize you if we hit the same store at the same time?
Oh, yeah. You'll be the guy with the wet crotch trailing a line of
**** as you sneak out the door.
Old September 11th 11, 09:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Bob F wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
[...]

I just got back from Goodwill with a pair of Atomic BetaRide Rex skis (no
bindings) for $10. These are my first wide skis. At 165 lb, these 184's will
probably be long for me, but it should be fun to try them.

Old September 11th 11, 09:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sep 11, 2:02*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
Bob F wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
[...]

Would have been delighted to meet you there,
pppppppuuuuuuuusssssssssyyyyyyyyyy.
Oooops, forgot. Goodwill does not sell manhood. 65th and 8th, or the
145th store?
Old September 11th 11, 09:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 12:04:12 -0700 (PDT), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

Value Village on 15th? How about the Goodwill on 8th? How will I
recognize you if we hit the same store at the same time?
Oh, yeah. You'll be the guy with the wet crotch trailing a line of
**** as you sneak out the door.

And you'll be the guy checking out every guy's crotch.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old September 11th 11, 09:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 14:02:26 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote this crap:

I just got back from Goodwill with a pair of Atomic BetaRide Rex skis (no
bindings) for $10. These are my first wide skis. At 165 lb, these 184's will
probably be long for me, but it should be fun to try them.

Just take a hacksaw and cut a few inches off the tails. Nobody will
know.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old September 11th 11, 10:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

Value Village on 15th? *How about the Goodwill on 8th? *How will I
recognize you if we hit the same store at the same time?
Oh, yeah. *You'll be the guy with the wet crotch trailing a line of
**** as you sneak out the door.

And you'll be the guy checking out every guy's crotch.

You gonna show up? I have to see a man who looks like a Ken doll. No
balls, no dick, but can still wet his pants.
What a PUCsy!!!!!!
But knowing you, there won't be a wet spot in your pants or a puddle
of **** on the floor. Diapers work, right?
Old September 12th 11, 03:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Sep 11, 10:45*am, "Bob F" wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
[...]

This was the first time at this shop, 500 miles from home.

I just unloaded the car and I'm still drooling over these things.
They look like they were placed here by a time machine. When does
Mammoth open?
Old September 12th 11, 05:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Richard Henry wrote:
On Sep 11, 10:45 am, "Bob F" wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
[...]

I picked up a pair of Atomic BetaRide REX's yesterday for $10 (no bindings). My
first wide skis. There were several other pairs of nice shaped skis sitting in
front of the Goodwill. 1/2 hour later, they were all gone. A lot of luck is
involved in thrift shop shopping.