It's warm and sunny in Chile

Old January 8th 10, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Champ

Default It's warm and sunny in Chile

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 16:14:41 +0000 (UTC), "Krusty"
wrote:

Right. Well, I do happen to have access to a recently-qualified ski
instructor

Oh, hang on, ou were talking about boarding, weren't you? Sorry,
you'll have to look elsewhere for lessons. Have you given any thought
to learning the proper skill instead?

Heh. Unfortunately not an option with my ****ed knee. Well not unless I
had one wide ski rather than two narrow ones. Hmmm, now there's a
thought - wonder if it'd catch on?

It's already been done, and is called the 'monoski'.

The only nation on earth gay enough to use it are the French.

note xpost
--
Champ
We declare that the splendour of the world has been enriched by a new beauty: the beauty of speed.
Old January 13th 10, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss[_4_]

wrote:

Right. Well, I do happen to have access to a recently-qualified ski
instructor

Oh, hang on, ou were talking about boarding, weren't you? Sorry,
you'll have to look elsewhere for lessons. Have you given any thought
to learning the proper skill instead?

Heh. Unfortunately not an option with my ****ed knee. Well not unless I
had one wide ski rather than two narrow ones. Hmmm, now there's a
thought - wonder if it'd catch on?

It's already been done, and is called the 'monoski'.

The only nation on earth gay enough to use it are the French.

note xpost
--
Champ
We declare that the splendour of the world has been enriched by a new
beauty: the beauty of speed.
ZX10R | Hayabusa | GPz750turbo
neal at champ dot org dot uk

The day the nation takes to monoskis en-masse I'll agree - for now, though,
when the odd (in every sense) monoskier comes into view the collective
eyebrows go up and you can sense the inner response: 'Ce type, c'est un
total wally'.

Vive le Franglais!

But you can keep yer monoskis...

Roger
www.mountainpassions.com - an Online Magazine with Altitude

Old January 13th 10, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
'Hog

Roger Moss wrote:

The day the nation takes to monoskis en-masse I'll agree - for now,
though, when the odd (in every sense) monoskier comes into view the
collective eyebrows go up and you can sense the inner response: 'Ce
type, c'est un total wally'.

Vive le Franglais!

But you can keep yer monoskis...

Hmm my g/f and I had a Salomon monoski which had outings in Scotland and
France. It was fun. My first outing on a 'Board reminded me on that
sensation of not being able to move your feet independantly.

--
Hog

sunny weather lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 33 February 17th 08 03:35 AM
Sunny Glenshee Adrian Tupper European Ski Resorts 0 February 27th 05 09:31 PM
Chile/Argentina Magnum626 Snowboarding 2 February 21st 04 11:46 AM
boot fitting in Chile Marcus Backcountry Skiing 0 October 1st 03 07:35 PM
chile next year... lizbubb Snowboarding 0 July 2nd 03 05:35 PM