Feet too hot!!

Old February 13th 04, 03:04 PM
Section 130

Default Feet too hot!!

Besides adding air conditioning to my boots, does anyone have any
suggestions regarding feet that get too hot while skiing?

I'm an intermediate/advanced track skiier, and after I'm warmed up
(about an hour) my feet start baking and never cool down.

My only solution is to stop skiing and stand in the snow for 15-20
minutes to cool the boots down. I wear a thin liner and relatively thin
wool/poly socks. Perspiration is a big problem, so I need some wicking.

Are there any boots that provide some ventilation? Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

-- Chuck
Old February 13th 04, 04:08 PM
Chris Cline

--0-894122036-1076691535=:17692

Try wearing just one pair of socks. I think that the reason most people wear 2 pr socks is either 1) extra insulation for cold feet, or 2) blisters-- inner socks slide w/ feet, outer socks slide w/ boot.

You obviously don't have a problem with #1, so if you don't have a problem w/ #2, just wear one pair, and experiment with how thick you need that one pair to be.

Chris C.
SLC

Section 130 wrote:
Besides adding air conditioning to my boots, does anyone have any
suggestions regarding feet that get too hot while skiing?

I'm an intermediate/advanced track skiier, and after I'm warmed up
(about an hour) my feet start baking and never cool down.

My only solution is to stop skiing and stand in the snow for 15-20
minutes to cool the boots down. I wear a thin liner and relatively thin
wool/poly socks. Perspiration is a big problem, so I need some wicking.

Are there any boots that provide some ventilation? Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

-- Chuck

--0-894122036-1076691535=:17692

DIVTry wearing just one pair of socks.  I think that the reason most people wear 2 pr socks is either 1) extra insulation for cold feet, or 2) blisters-- inner socks slide w/ feet, outer socks slide w/ boot./DIV
DIV /DIV
DIVYou obviously don't have a problem with #1, so if you don't have a problem w/ #2, just wear one pair, and experiment with how thick you need that one pair to be./DIV
DIV /DIV
DIVChris C./DIV
DIVSLCBRBRBISection 130 >/I/B wrote:/DIV
BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"Besides adding air conditioning to my boots, does anyone have any BRsuggestions regarding feet that get too hot while skiing?BRBRI'm an intermediate/advanced track skiier, and after I'm warmed up BR(about an hour) my feet start baking and never cool down. BRBRMy only solution is to stop skiing and stand in the snow for 15-20 BRminutes to cool the boots down. I wear a thin liner and relatively thin BRwool/poly socks. Perspiration is a big problem, so I need some wicking.BRBRAre there any boots that provide some ventilation? Any suggestions BRwould be appreciated.BRBR-- ChuckBRBRBRBR/BLOCKQUOTEphr SIZE=1
Do you Yahoo!?br
Yahoo! Finance: a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=22055/*http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html"Get your refund fast by filing online/a
--0-894122036-1076691535=:17692--

Old February 13th 04, 09:58 PM
Gary Jacobson

If you don't have racing boots, get them. Recreational boots usually have a
more insulation than racing boots.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

news

cold feet leon spinks Snowboarding 9 February 18th 04 05:53 AM
Cold Feet?? JY Snowboarding 0 November 20th 03 07:21 PM
Cold Feet?? JY Nordic Skiing 0 November 20th 03 07:20 PM
Cold Feet?? JY General 0 November 20th 03 07:19 PM
Boots for Long Skinny Feet??? John Davison Snowboarding 6 November 19th 03 08:22 PM