Snowing in Big Bear

Old November 4th 11, 05:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Snowing in Big Bear

The Snow Summit and Bear Mountain webcams show snow on the gorund.

I'm going to have to clean off the workbench to get that new/old pair
of skis matched to my boots.
Old November 4th 11, 05:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Nov 4, 11:27*am, Richard Henry wrote:
The Snow Summit and Bear Mountain webcams show snow on the gorund.

I'm going to have to clean off the workbench to get that new/old pair
of skis matched to my boots.

Oh, please. Do it yourself on a fifteen year old pair of skis.
Old November 5th 11, 02:13 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Nov 4, 11:27*am, Richard Henry wrote:
The Snow Summit and Bear Mountain webcams show snow on the gorund.

I'm going to have to clean off the workbench to get that new/old pair
of skis matched to my boots.

Chains are required an all the mountain roads from down below 3000'.
Snow Summit says they are making snow, but no opening day is posted
yet.
Old November 5th 11, 04:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 11/04/2011 08:13 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

On Nov 4, 11:27 am, Richard wrote:
The Snow Summit and Bear Mountain webcams show snow on the gorund.

I'm going to have to clean off the workbench to get that new/old pair
of skis matched to my boots.

Chains are required an all the mountain roads from down below 3000'.
Snow Summit says they are making snow, but no opening day is posted
yet.

Friend's daughter made it up there before they closed the roads (for 4"
of snow!). Pix show at least 4".

--
Cheers, Bev
"Don't you wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the

Old November 5th 11, 04:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 11/04/2011 08:13 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

On Nov 4, 11:27 am, Richard wrote:
The Snow Summit and Bear Mountain webcams show snow on the gorund.

I'm going to have to clean off the workbench to get that new/old pair
of skis matched to my boots.

Chains are required an all the mountain roads from down below 3000'.
Snow Summit says they are making snow, but no opening day is posted
yet.

Friend says they plan to open Wednesday. Doesn't say so at the site,
and I'm not willing to go if they only have Summit Run open, but SOON...

Three cheers for global warming!

--
Cheers,
Bev

Old November 6th 11, 04:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Nov 4, 10:27*am, Richard Henry wrote:
The Snow Summit and Bear Mountain webcams show snow on the gorund.

I'm going to have to clean off the workbench to get that new/old pair
of skis matched to my boots.

Not quite Big Bear, but Mountain High has one lift and one blue-green
trail open.
Old November 6th 11, 07:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 11/06/2011 09:54 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

On Nov 4, 10:27 am, Richard wrote:
The Snow Summit and Bear Mountain webcams show snow on the gorund.

I'm going to have to clean off the workbench to get that new/old pair
of skis matched to my boots.

Not quite Big Bear, but Mountain High has one lift and one blue-green
trail open.

Does anyone actually care?

The SS webcams seem to be down now. So is the Mt. Wilson webcam.
http://obs.astro.ucla.edu/towercam.htm#imagetop

--
Cheers, Bev
It's not the speed that kills, it's the stopping.
Old November 6th 11, 07:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Nov 6, 12:15*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/06/2011 09:54 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

On Nov 4, 10:27 am, Richard *wrote:
*The Snow Summit and Bear Mountain webcams show snow on the gorund.

*I'm going to have to clean off the workbench to get that new/old pair
*of skis matched to my boots.

Not quite Big Bear, but Mountain High has one lift and one blue-green
trail open.

Does anyone actually care?

The SS webcams seem to be down now. *So is the Mt. Wilson webcam.http://obs.astro.ucla.edu/towercam.htm#imagetop

--
Cheers, Bev
It's not the speed that kills, it's the stopping.

I got the streaming video to work. It looks like it is snowing.

And this from yesterday -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41877083@N03/6315356819/

Looking good.
Old November 6th 11, 09:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 12:15:29 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

Not quite Big Bear, but Mountain High has one lift and one blue-green
trail open.

Does anyone actually care?

Actually, I do. I like to know where the good skiing is.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old November 6th 11, 09:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
clarencedarrow

Are you feeling alright? We get worried when you get polite.