Snowboard lifts

Old January 14th 04, 01:10 PM
ACey

Default Snowboard lifts

"tlf" wrote in
news:yuLLb.11674$xy6.31334@attbi_s02:

1. Sit back, relax, enjoy the ride and pay attention. Skiing/Boarding
is, by nature, a dangerous sport - on or off the lift!
2. We call those "safety bars", bitch bars.
3. Theres nothing wrong with the current system.
4. Resorts aren't going to invest millions in new lift systems
designed for boarders. Simple.
5. Ever tried standing up to strap in?? If you stop at a place where
the heelside of the board is slightly lower than the toe side, you can
lean down and strap in. Easy and your butt stays warm.
6. I usually strap in on the chair, impossible to do if the bitch bar
is down.

It's worth remembering that at some resorts/lifts, the lifties get a bit
unhappy with borders being fully strapped in on the lifts - the idea
being that if you do for some reason fall or stop on the ramp, it's a lot
harder to get out of the way if both feet are strapped to your board.

AC.
Old January 15th 04, 05:21 AM
Bob

"Baka Dasai" wrote in message
news:slrnc08ogi.2qk.idontreadthis@yahoobb220004112 021.bbtec.net...
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:42:28 GMT, Mike T said (and I quote):
Somebody else said:
Ever try getting off a moving chair on foot without it

stopping?
There's a good likelyhood the chair will hit your leg, knock

you
down, and run over you.

This is generally a non-issue for detachable express lifts.

It's also a non-issue for fixed-grip lifts. Anyone who has
skiied/rode at Thredbo (particularly in the pre-snowmaking

days) will
be familiar with taking the chairlift down at the end of the

day,
board or skis in hand, and having to run off to the side to let

the
chair pass through.

It seems like its going to be difficult, but it isn't really.

I had a young student lose her skiis getting on the chair once.
When she got off, the attendent was sleeping and didn't even slow
it. The kid got knocked down by the chair and hit in the head. If
they are downloading on a particular lift, they may adjust the
ground clearance to allow "running" easier at the exit.

Bob