Current Lift Status - North Alps

Old November 25th 03, 02:07 PM
David Brown :o\)

Default Current Lift Status - North Alps

I'm going to visit a friend in Lausanne next Tuesday 2nd until Monday 8th.
Are there likely to be any resorts open locally? We were hoping that Portes
du Soleil would be open but that's looking very unlikely at the moment
(official opening on the 13th), so will we have to travel to a glazier
resort?

We will be travelling by train from Lausanne if we go skiing, so I asume
that will be via geneva. Which is the easiest resort to get to that is
likely to have any snow.

Thank you

David

Old November 25th 03, 03:09 PM
Johannes

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:07:48 -0000, "David Brown \)"
wrote:

I'm going to visit a friend in Lausanne next Tuesday 2nd until Monday 8th.
Are there likely to be any resorts open locally? We were hoping that Portes
du Soleil would be open but that's looking very unlikely at the moment
(official opening on the 13th), so will we have to travel to a glazier
resort?

We will be travelling by train from Lausanne if we go skiing, so I asume
that will be via geneva. Which is the easiest resort to get to that is
likely to have any snow.

That is open at the moement in Switzerland

http://wispo.stnet.ch/requests/MySwi...=en&vhost=chdt

The weather forecast say for this weak: snow till 1000m down
Johannes

Old November 25th 03, 07:29 PM
Rod Jenkins

"David Brown )" wrote in message
I'm going to visit a friend in Lausanne next Tuesday 2nd until Monday 8th.
Are there likely to be any resorts open locally? We were hoping that

Portes
du Soleil would be open but that's looking very unlikely at the moment
(official opening on the 13th), so will we have to travel to a glazier
resort?

We will be travelling by train from Lausanne if we go skiing, so I asume
that will be via geneva. Which is the easiest resort to get to that is
likely to have any snow.

The glacier at Les Diablerets is open at the moment (www.diablerets.ch).
Take the train E from Lausanne and change at Aigle. You can also get to
Champery in the PdeS from here if there is a big dump this weekend.

Rod

Old November 26th 03, 08:39 AM
David Brown :o\)

Thank you Rod, I may well give that a go )

--
David Brown )
http://kitemap.co.uk/stack

Old November 26th 03, 08:43 AM
David Brown :o\)

Now how come I missed that website, I've been browsing for the last two
weeks at all the local and alps websites but never came across that one.
Great site thanks

--
David Brown )
http://kitemap.co.uk/stack

Old November 27th 03, 11:10 AM
Ian Spare

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 20:29:12 -0000, "Rod Jenkins"
wrote:

The glacier at Les Diablerets is open at the moment (www.diablerets.ch).
Take the train E from Lausanne and change at Aigle. You can also get to
Champery in the PdeS from here if there is a big dump this weekend.

Unless I'm missing something the web site says it's not open at the
moment. Is it open for the weekend ?

Ian
Old November 27th 03, 03:39 PM
Johannes

wrote:

The glacier at Les Diablerets is open at the moment (www.diablerets.ch).
Take the train E from Lausanne and change at Aigle. You can also get to
Champery in the PdeS from here if there is a big dump this weekend.

Unless I'm missing something the web site says it's not open at the

No wonder wind 60-90Km/h and snowfall.

moment. Is it open for the weekend ?

Bemerkung(en):
TELEPHERIQUE PILLON-GLACIER ET RESTAURANT BOTTA FERME.SKI FERME.
REOUVERTURE DEMAIN A 9H00 SI POSSIBLE./LUFTSEILBAHN PILLON-GLACIER UND
RESTAURANT BOTTA GESCHLOSSEN.SKI GESCHLOSSEN. OEFFNUNG MORGEN UM 9H00
WENN MOEGLICH.

They open tomorrow if Posible. 9:00

Johannes
Old November 27th 03, 05:06 PM
Ian Spare

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:39:50 +0100, Johannes
wrote:

s it's not open at the

No wonder wind 60-90Km/h and snowfall.

moment. Is it open for the weekend ?

Bemerkung(en):
TELEPHERIQUE PILLON-GLACIER ET RESTAURANT BOTTA FERME.SKI FERME.
REOUVERTURE DEMAIN A 9H00 SI POSSIBLE./LUFTSEILBAHN PILLON-GLACIER UND
RESTAURANT BOTTA GESCHLOSSEN.SKI GESCHLOSSEN. OEFFNUNG MORGEN UM 9H00
WENN MOEGLICH.

Thanks, I read German. I swear it did not say that a few hours ago
though in German or French. I'd looked as I was leaving the office and
saw it was supposed to open in the morning.

People tell wind closing Les Diablerets is pretty common, is that
true? And more the point, is it worth going over the weekend?

Ian
--
Yeah, because you never know when the value of 2^15 will change and
you have to go through all your code fixing it.
Old November 27th 03, 09:01 PM
Johannes

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 19:06:52 +0100, Ian Spare
wrote:

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:39:50 +0100, Johannes

s it's not open at the

Perhaps you was on the wrong site, www.diablerets.ch instead of
www.glacier3000.ch ?

People tell wind closing Les Diablerets is pretty common, is that
true? And more the point, is it worth going over the weekend?

I don't know the Diablerets.

Johannes
Old November 27th 03, 09:14 PM
Ian Spare

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 23:01:27 +0100, Johannes
wrote:

Perhaps you was on the wrong site, www.diablerets.ch instead of
www.glacier3000.ch ?

Yes, that was probably it.

People tell wind closing Les Diablerets is pretty common, is that
true? And more the point, is it worth going over the weekend?

I don't know the Diablerets.

Ah well, I've about 90% talked myself into going to Val D'Isere for
the weekend anyway :-)