Alta/Snowbird in January?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 6th 03, 03:39 PM
Dave Stallard

Default Alta/Snowbird in January?

I'm thinking of taking a week at Alta/Snowbird in January. Any advice
on places to stay? I suppose the top-level choice is whether to stay
at Alta or Snowbird. I guess there is more to do at night at Snowbird
than Alta, though not much at either place. That's OK, all I need is a
decent bar to have a few drinks in and unwind. Can you get back and
forth between Alta and Snowbird at night?

I don't think I want to stay in Salt Lake - I don't like "commuter
skiing" vacations much.

The way the season is going, I guess conditions are going to be good by
January. Maybe the only worry would be that avalanche conditions would
kep you trap inside your hotel.

Dave