Get the skis out in Scotland!

Old October 12th 05, 04:43 PM
Adrian D. Shaw

Default Get the skis out in Scotland!

Live webcam on Cairngorm:

http://www.cairngormmountain.com/cams/image2.jpg

Just makes me look forward to the coming season even more...

Adrian
--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.
Old October 12th 05, 08:05 PM
Team S-J

As I always say. If you haven't skied in Scotland you haven't skied.
Change of clothes in the car at lunch time.
Emptying the water out of your boots at the same time.
Swap wet socks for dry socks then put your feet into a plastic bag before
inserting into wet boots.
Heather hopping in the fog.
Choking on the diesel fumes at the car park.
Climbing up hills when lifts close as the snow runs out during the day.
Not knowing if down is up as the howling gale blows you back up hill in a
blizzard.

I almost forgot....
some of the best memories of skiing I've ever had.

Old October 13th 05, 11:44 AM
cupra

Team S-J wrote:
As I always say. If you haven't skied in Scotland you haven't skied.
Change of clothes in the car at lunch time.
Emptying the water out of your boots at the same time.
Swap wet socks for dry socks then put your feet into a plastic bag
before inserting into wet boots.
Heather hopping in the fog.
Choking on the diesel fumes at the car park.
Climbing up hills when lifts close as the snow runs out during the
day. Not knowing if down is up as the howling gale blows you back up
hill in a blizzard.

I almost forgot....
some of the best memories of skiing I've ever had.

snip-

You forgot skiing in +20DegC, T shirt, and blue skies at 1pm, -5DegC and
blizzrard at 3pm!

Old October 13th 05, 04:24 PM
Team S-J

Yes the weather can change.
On one of the first red nose days back in 1980something we skied in T-shirts
and red noses. (Ski pants as well). Fantastic days skiing.
I should also mention the golf, beer and whiskey.

Old October 13th 05, 10:30 PM
Adrian Tupper

" cupra" wrote in news:3r74pjFi6vhgU1
@individual.net:

Team S-J wrote:
As I always say. If you haven't skied in Scotland you haven't skied.
Change of clothes in the car at lunch time.
Emptying the water out of your boots at the same time.
Swap wet socks for dry socks then put your feet into a plastic bag
before inserting into wet boots.
Heather hopping in the fog.
Choking on the diesel fumes at the car park.
Climbing up hills when lifts close as the snow runs out during the
day. Not knowing if down is up as the howling gale blows you back up
hill in a blizzard.

I almost forgot....
some of the best memories of skiing I've ever had.

snip-

You forgot skiing in +20DegC, T shirt, and blue skies at 1pm, -5DegC and
blizzrard at 3pm!

Yes, that can happen. Was it end Feb/early March last year? Some cracking
skiing in Glenshee anyway, even if the runs back to the car park were
mainly heather.

--
Adrian
Old October 14th 05, 07:22 AM
cupra

Team S-J wrote:
[...]

No - it was the best part of 10 years ago (ah, memories!).

Old October 18th 05, 04:51 PM
pete devlin

In message , Adrian D. Shaw
writes
Live webcam on Cairngorm:

http://www.cairngormmountain.com/cams/image2.jpg

Just makes me look forward to the coming season even more...

Unfortunately, it's warm around these here parts again :O(
--
Pete Devlin
"And the devil in a black dress watches over"
Old October 19th 05, 09:30 PM
MadCow

In message , pete devlin
writes
In message , Adrian D. Shaw
writes
Live webcam on Cairngorm:

http://www.cairngormmountain.com/cams/image2.jpg

Just makes me look forward to the coming season even more...

Unfortunately, it's warm around these here parts again :O(

Have you seen the seasonal forecast?

http://www.metoffice.com/research/se...ts/headline.ht
ml

The good news is, it's for a cold winter.
The bad news is, it's also for a dry one.

--
Sue ]