Training Week October 27-Nov. 2

Old November 3rd 03, 04:49 AM
Chequama Mama

Default Training Week October 27-Nov. 2

I'll get this started this week, even though I had a kind of whimpy week
this week.

Mon-Off

Tue-1:25 run, Level 3, w/hill bounding for 25 min

Wed-1 hr run, 5x3:15 min intervals (2 min rest)

Thu-1:15 level 1 bike ride

Fri-1:35 run, threshold intervals (I really need a heart rate monitor)

Sat-1 hr run, legs felt blah so I pansied out on leg circuits

Sun-25 minutes of skiing on real snow! (we got an inch or so or wet
stuff, not real good skiing, but it was fun anyway)

Week: about 8 hours.

Short term goals:Actually get off my butt and get in my workouts this
week. Get out on rollerskis (or skis if we get more snow) a couple more
times than last week.

Paul

Old November 3rd 03, 01:15 PM
Derick Fay

Here's my week, cut short by illness.

M - 75 min. level 1 on lifefitness machine.
Goddamn sun went down at 4:30 so I wound up stuck in the gym.
T - 70 min run, zone 4-5 intervals 800/600/400, 600/400/200 - need to work on pacing
W - 30 min active rest run
Th - 1:55 run, level 1 -- felt a cold coming on but did this anyway. Bad idea.
F - rest
S - road bike 70 min. level 1 in weird Indian summer weather.
Su - rest. Had planned to do a 5k (running) race today but low-grade cold intervened.

3 Pilates/steady ski balance sessions as well, +/- 30 min. each. I am amazed at how much
my balance on the steady ski drills has improved after just two weeks or so. Highly
recommended.

Some other events -- set up mail filters so all the virus warnings get filed away for
later review/deletion rather than landing in my inbox, switched to using Opera as
newsreader so I can fake the return address. And (goals dept.) registered for the
Craftsbury 50k at end of January.

Derick

Old November 3rd 03, 02:17 PM
Bob Larson

Chequama Mama wrote
Mon-Off

Tue-1:25 run, Level 3, w/hill bounding for 25 min

Wed-1 hr run, 5x3:15 min intervals (2 min rest)

Thu-1:15 level 1 bike ride

Fri-1:35 run, threshold intervals (I really need a heart rate monitor)

Sat-1 hr run, legs felt blah so I pansied out on leg circuits

Sun-25 minutes of skiing on real snow! (we got an inch or so or wet
stuff, not real good skiing, but it was fun anyway)

There are web sites for making these sort of group-wise collections
of traning logs. I'd be up for doing that if anyone else is interested
and a good site can be located.

This was my off-week... but I should have taken it
a little easier, say 7-8 hours.

Mon 10/27 run 4 miles easy (30 minutes)
10/27 weights 10 stations (15 minutes)
Tue 10/28 run 5 miles with intervals (35 minutes)
10/28 stair machine 35 minutes intervals at 10
Wed 10/29 rollerski 12 miles easy (72 minutes)
Thur 10/30 run 2 miles easy (15 minutes)
10/30 stairmachine 35 minutes intervals at 10
10/30 weights 23 stations (30 minutes)
Fri 10/31 --OFF--
Sat 11/1 rollerski 17 miles (102 minutes)
Sun 11/2 rollerski 30 miles Afton (180 minutes)

9.1 hours total

There's half an inch of snow on my deck now! - Bob
Old November 3rd 03, 02:59 PM
Dave Kiely

A good week overall

Mon-1:30-Skate rollerski-level 2

Tues-1:00-Run-intensity-4 X ~3:00 X 2:00rest-~90-95% MHR (level 4?)

Wed-1:00-Indoor bike trainer- Level 1 and strength

Thurs-1:15-Indoor bike Trainer-level 1

Fri-Run-1:30-Intensity-5 X 6~ X 2:30 Rest-~90% MHR

Sat-Hike with family-2:00 low Level 1

Sun-Double Pole-1:40-Level 1

Wanted to get a longer roller ski session in on the weekend but it didn't
work out. It was a good training week for me, had some extra time so I
tried to add a few workouts. Generally felt good although the first
intensity session of the week did not, too close to lunch. I wanted to do
5-6 sets but could only mange 4. Also should have done another strenght
workout during the week but that didn't happen either.

Winter storm warnings are up for the UP! Might be skiing on snow this week!

Dave Kiely